Boston Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fireguy274

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone here dive out of Boston harbor? I have a boat docked in Winthrop and I have yet to dive around Winthrop. I usually go all the way up to Glouchester. I would love to learn some places to go around Winthrop or Nahant...Artie

Yeah, there are tons of great dives around Boston Harbor. Save your gas!

I don't even know where to begin... there are the wrecks of the Romance and City of Salisbury, Graves' Light, Outer Brewster... lots of them. Check out some of the Boston based charter companies. I'm sure you'll get an idea what sites are popular from their web sites.

You can dive now in Boston Harbor? :D

Wasn't it back in the early '70's that they were parking cars out there during games at Fenway? :wink:

Boston Harbor is pretty clean these days. The vis is good away from the river entrances.
They used to dump sewage right into the harbor, but now it is treated very well and pumped to outflows miles offshore. ( a mile or two off Graves light.)

The inner harbor is a bit dead though...probably from all the earlier pollution..not as many flounder and all as there used to be there.

John C.

OE2X:
You can dive now in Boston Harbor? :D

Wasn't it back in the early '70's that they were parking cars out there during games at Fenway? :wink:

I second Matt's post. Boston Harbor is a very good place to dive...plenty of wrecks, reefs and rocks. Dove w/ Capt. Pat(Boston Diver Services--he's on SB) last summer a couple of times and the viz was usually good to excellent, esp. out at the City of Salisbury where it was close to 20 feet in October. Other sites close to the harbor are Harding's and Strawberry Ledges off Hull and the Chimneys and some other site(name I forgot) near there off Nahant. Good luck.

LobstaMan

Boston Diver Services offers dive charters to the wrecks and ledges throughout the Boston Harbor Islands National Park. The waters surrounding Boston Harbor’s 34 historic islands offers some of the best diving in New England. Whether you want to explore wrecks from a bygone era or hunt for lobsters- we know where to take you. Come join us in exploring Boston beneath the sea.

Our charters are small in size, so we can customize them to meet your needs. With a minimum of two divers, we will run a charter on your schedule to the site of your choice. On multi group charters, the majority vote rules. The price for a two-tank charter (approx. 5 hrs.) is $60.00 pp.

The homeport for Boston Diver Services is Boston Harbor Shipyard & Marina, which is conveniently located in East Boston. This location provides easy access to the outer harbor and the dive sites.

At Boston Diver Services safety is our primary goal. Captain Pat Breen & crew are trained first responders and are licensed DAN O2 providers. We will strive to make your diving experience memorable.

Give us a call today to book your charter or ask any questions you might have.

bostondiverservices.com

Boat's in Matt! I've just to set up the electronics and safety gear this week and the pool should be open the first week of May. stay tuned for the official announcement.

Capt. Pat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom