Scubapro Frameless vs Frameless 2 Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bayou Platypus

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know the differences between the Scubapro Frameless Mask and the Scubapro Frameless 2 Mask?

the frameless 2 is like a cross between a true frameless and a standard mask. I wouldn't worry about it very much though, get which ever one fits your face better. The one that fits best is the better one to get, price shouldn't matter. Oh and the frameless is on backorder from SP for the next few weeks to month. So if its not in stock, you aren't getting it until mid may.

Justin699:
the frameless 2 is like a cross between a true frameless and a standard mask. I wouldn't worry about it very much though, get which ever one fits your face better. The one that fits best is the better one to get, price shouldn't matter. Oh and the frameless is on backorder from SP for the next few weeks to month. So if its not in stock, you aren't getting it until mid may.

Thanks...what exactly does that mean "a cross between a true frameless and a standard mask"?

I've got the Scubapro Frameless 2 mask, and I can't say it's bad, but in my opinion Frameless 1 is better becouse it's got lover volume than framells 2 and field of vision is biger nad better.
The plus of Frameless 2 on the other hand is price (about 60$ in Poland), becouse it cost only half of the price of frameless1 (about 95$ in Poland).
In if I could Pick againg I would buy a copy Frameless1 becuse it's almost this same and the price is about 50$ in Poland.
But is just my opinion and I'm not saying that Frameless 2 is a bad choice, I just think that Frameless 1 is a little better - thats all...

Hi,

If the frameless I is the better mask then how does the trinadad frameless compare to it. That's even cheaper and other companies liks XS Scuba, Sherwood have copies of the Trinadad too.

Thanks

SangP

Bayou Platypus:
Thanks...what exactly does that mean "a cross between a true frameless and a standard mask"?

I mean the Frameless 2 actually has a partial frame, on the sides, where the mask straps go in, a true frameless mask lacks this

Justin699:
I mean the Frameless 2 actually has a partial frame, on the sides, where the mask straps go in, a true frameless mask lacks this

Thanks....doesn't sound like the Frameless 2 is truly "frameless"...

Maybe Scubapro should call it the Partially Framless Frameless 2 Mask. :wink:

Don't sweat it, if the SB Framless (original) fits, buy it! It's probibly the best mask out there...if it fits your face. You'll look cool too. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom