How long are your shock lines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fast97rs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How long are your shock lines?

I have a 56" Sea Hornet and it only loops around twice.... i just got this set up.... i was doing free shafting before.... and usually shot just about 10' in front of me.....

Do i have a long enough line?

How much line do you guys use?

Thanks,

Jorgy

2 wraps. sometimes one if i'm huning in holes/caves a lot.

Interesting question, because I never measured it. After you shoot your gun for a while you start to feel when the shot becomes a 'Hail Mary' or fish butt shot.

When my gun is set up for line shafting the numbers are 12 and 19. I shoot a Spearfishing Specialties Rhino 48 with a double speedloader wrap system.

The actual mono line is 12 feet from gun clip to shaft clip. When the gun is discharged and unloaded stretched, the total distance from the trigger finger to shaft barbs fully extended is 19 feet. Depending on your shooting arm position you could add another 2 feet for arm length.

So does that put the 'Hail Mary' shot at 21 feet? More like 12 feet for me personally, then I'll back off and look for a better shot placement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom