Nikon D50/D70 specs available....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
www.dpreview.com

The D50 looks like a HECK of a camera for the $$$. The street price WITH lens is $899.

A couple minor drawbacks between the D50 vs. the D70 is that ISO settings are in whole stops, and there is no fine tune of the WB. Another thing that some may not like is the D50 does not support the CF format, but rather SD. IMO that's a bad thing, but the camera IS smaller, so they likely needed the space... however it's not THAT small... As for speed, sensor and quality.. WOW, this is one HECK of a camera for the money.

The D70s is less of a thrilling upgrade. The major upgrades are the AF speed, and the LCD size (as rumored).

I wonder how much the U/W housings are going to be for the D50?

I need to sell my Coolpix 5700 and move up to DSLR...

Derek S:
I wonder how much the U/W housings are going to be for the D50?

I need to sell my Coolpix 5700 and move up to DSLR...

Might have to wait awhile before housing becomes available. However D70s housing are available from many manufacturers already. After you buy housing,ports,lenses and strobes etc, the price difference between D70s and D50 is not that big I would think.

Actually I am more excited bout the 55-200 DX lens. If nothing else, it should be a nice and light walk around lens for fun.

The D50 has one command dial to control both shutter speed and aperture....you'll have to toggle between the two....not that bad topside, but a real pain uw.....get the D70....extremely easy to use uw

Karl

I want the D50. Not for UW, my A75 is more than enough camera for me underwater.. the D50 just looks like a hell of a camera for a hell of a nice price...

Back
Top Bottom