cheap motel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DepthCharge

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive motel in the Cape Ann area? I have been staying @ the Marina Resort,and it is convenient since I dive with Fran Marcoux but quite frankly, the $$ is a bit much. Looking for something about within about 30min.
Also, any other RB divers out there who would like to get together for some diving?

Not too many CHEAP places out there. I have stayed at Sandy Bay in Rockport and it was about $85 a night as I recall...but that was two years ago. Probably better off looking inland for a redroof or Motel 6. Plenty of those off 128

keelhaul123:
Not too many CHEAP places out there. I have stayed at Sandy Bay in Rockport and it was about $85 a night as I recall...but that was two years ago. Probably better off looking inland for a redroof or Motel 6. Plenty of those off 128

How about camping? Cape Ann Campsites (Gloucester) is good and inexpensive. We've done that before - it is a lot of fun and there are usually a bunch of other divers there throughout the summer! Otherwise, I agree, if you are willing to travel 30 min, try inland, south and west to Peabody, Beverly, Danvers, etc... may be able to find a cheaper chain motel there.

I hear ya about no cheap motels in the area.........I guess I'll GOOGLE and see what comes up..........

I was checking out places to stay last year. I came accross the Crow's Nest in Glouster. The is the same bar from the boot/movie "The Perfect Storm". Turns out they rent rooms upstairs cheaply. I have not stayed there and don't know about the noise, but it looks like a hell of a colorful place. Good luck

DC,

How 'nice' of a place are you looking for? Just a place to sleep in between dives? On the way home form work yesterday I noticed a few motels on Rt 1 in Danvers (~15-20 min from Cape Ann) advertising $39/ night. Granted, they were pretty sketchy, but.... :11:

Well if you stay at the Crw's Nest just keep an ear for for a banjo playing in the middle of the night LOL

Back
Top Bottom