How do I get to Anilao from Manila Airport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raintiger

Registered
Reaction score
Will be in Manilar next month. Can any one tell me how I can get to Anilao from the airport by Pubilc bus? any resorts with best price value to recommend?

Thank you.

Raintiger

raintiger:
Will be in Manilar next month. Can any one tell me how I can get to Anilao from the airport by Pubilc bus? any resorts with best price value to recommend?

Thank you.

Raintiger

Probably easiest to take a taxi, should cost somewhere in the range of about 2000P (US$35 - 40) for a one way trip using one of the franchised taxi services at the airport.

Alternatively, you could do the following:

From the airport take either a taxi or a jeepney (local minibus) to one of the bus stations in manila (going north into traffic to come back south again through the same traffic!) like Tritran and then hop on a bus bound for Batangas City, probably better to make sure it is going directly to Batangas pier. Get off in the small town called Bauan and then catch a jeepney to Mabini, get off and switch to another jeepney to the dive resorts in anilao along the calumpan peninsula.

I've been travelling around the philippines for the last 13 years and don't mind taking public transport at all, in fact it's a nice way to meet people and 'experience' the country. That said, I have never gone to Anilao by public transport. The reason - it would be a hellish trip!!!!! I'll bet that it would take you at least 8, maybe as much as 10 or 11 hours to make this trip.

One of the worst parts would be waiting for the jeepneys once you get into batangas, no way to predict how frequent they will be. There are no taxi's cruising the roads in batangas, the only taxi-like option would be a 'tricycle' which is a 125cc motorcycle with a sidecar. I'll bet most drivers wouldn't be thrilled to load their tricycle with you , your luggage and dive gear for the 1 or more hour kidney wrenching trip from Bauan to Anilao but maybe you could get lucky :wink:

Another alternative would be Kiko's fleet, which provides a bus service to the resorts from manila. From what I remember the buses leave early morning (3 buses i believe from about 5 - 7 AM) Saturday and Sunday and return to manila the same days departing mid to late afternoon. There may be an additional run on friday afternoons i think. Pretty sure the cost is about 500P (US$10)might be hard to make this schedule depending on your flight times. I know someone has given details on Kikos here on the philippine board recently, do a search :)

Anilao is pretty remote, I go there quite often and, when we didn't have a car in the phils, I always just hired a taxi if i couldn't mooch a ride from a friend. The ride in a private car should take right around 3 - 5 hours depending on traffic. I really don't suggest you take the public transport route to get there - if you do, good luck! and make sure to post the story :wink:

As far as resorts go, do a quick search here on 'Anilao' or 'Batangas' and lots of options and reviews will spring up - have fun!

raintiger:

Thank you.

Raintiger

An alternate would be what i normally do. I take a special VAN service from Manila to the Pier .

The cost is around Php2,000 via Lemery route to the dive resort parking and an extra php500 to ANilao pier or dive resort parking .

so total round trip is around 4,000 to 5,000. This is costly however the convenience for me is great. The van service picks me up from makati place then brings me to where i want to go.

On the way back, the van service drops me off where i was picked up. My place :O)

Thank Joe and Paolov very much. I might take Joe's advice and take a cab to Anilao. I am new to diving and will get my OW cert. during this trip to Anilao. Do you guys have any recommendations for diving centers that provide the course? Anyone knows about Sunbeam?

I was told there are taxi desks inside the Manila Airport. Are they difficult to find?

raintiger:
Thank Joe and Paolov very much. I might take Joe's advice and take a cab to Anilao. I am new to diving and will get my OW cert. during this trip to Anilao. Do you guys have any recommendations for diving centers that provide the course? Anyone knows about Sunbeam?

To give you an idea, the taxi charges around Php400 pesos from airport to Makati thats just a few minutes from the airport. a few minutes for Php400, imagine how much they would charge for a three hour trip with TOLL fees too.

Batangas is around 2 1/2 to 3 hours from manila. now if the taxi driver is not familiar with the route to your destination, then you are in for a stressfull trip. Unless you know the way from airport to batangas resort.

so If you know the way go ahead and take a cab. however if not, i strongly would not advise this mode of travel until you are familiar of the route.

i'll ask my friend who operates a taxi service within the airport on howmuch it would cost.

raintiger:

Since you are getting your OW Cert why don't you contact a dive operator in Manila, arrange the course with them. Most of them could customize a package that could include transfers from the airport to the resorts. Here's a list of some of them

www.scubaworld.com.ph
www.aqua-one.com
www.divenetphil.com

RainTiger,

Franchised taxi firms are easy to find at the airport. At NAIA go outside and to the left from the departure area, there is a small building there where the franchised taxis are. Avoid the many touts you'll see walking across the street and only deal with the people at the desk. I'd recommend Nissan, probably the biggest company and fair to deal with. At Centenial airport (PAL) it's even easier, you'll see all the booths lined up in an orderly way as soon as you step outside.

Paolov,

I've made this trip by taxi about 10 times, it's not as much as you would think it is. I'm sure that it wouldn't be more than 2500P (tolls and gas included, of course). While I don't live in the phils, i've been there about once a month, sometimes more often, for the last 13 years - know my way around :wink:. The drivers wouldn't have a problem finding Anilao at all, they might have to ask for a bit of help to find your particular resort but the general area is a frequent destination.

Axua,

The problem with lining up transport with the local dive outfits is that they gouge you! I had a friend arrange transport for 2 people from NAIA to Anilao a couple of years ago. A driver picked them up in a HiAce, nothing special, and brought them down. The charge - $120!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much, much better off with a taxi.

Have a blast raintiger!!!!

here is another link

www.scuba1.net

Kiko Quinto is a PADI DM with that group and is the owner of Kiko's fleet. He regularly takes Divers (locals and foreigners) to Anilao on weekends for $9.25 per head(P500) to and from any resort in Anilao. He usually picks up divers in specific points in Metro Manila at specific times but maybe you could arrange a special trip with him. He's a great guy.

raintiger:

Thank you.

Raintiger

The easiest way is to take a bus or taxi from the airport to any of the bus companies that travel to Batangas. Tritan and JAM Transit run busses every 20 minutes or so to Batangas and have terminals located on Taft Ave in Pasay City. Be sure and get a bus that goes to Batangas Pier. It will take a couple hours to make the trip- depends on traffic and how often they stop to let people on/off the bus.

When you get to the pier terminal in Batangas, you can either get a jeepny or a trike for the rest of the way to Anilao. The jeepnies are located right next to the bus terminal at the pier and the trikes are located near the gate to the pier which is about 150 yards away from the bus stop. You can haggle a price with the driver but you can get to Anilao on a trike for 100-150 PHP.

There are lots of places to stay- depends on how much you want to spend and how long you want to dive. My impression after staying for 6 days was that the diving was good, the resort I stayed at was overpriced and it was a hassle to get there. I would go again as the diving off Sombraro Island is good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom