L'Estartit - Medas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABlue

Reaction score
Hi,
I am goig to L'Estarti in May and would like to dive in Medas reserve.
Have you dived there? What are the best Dive Centers?
Best dive spots?
I will be traveling alone, ca that be a problem there.

All your suggestions are welcome :)

Tks

ABlue,

I often dive in Estartit and in the Medas Reserve. One thing you should know : entrances in the reserve are strictly regulated and some dive centers don't have the right to dive into. The problem is that all the beautiful dives are in the reserve : the Spanish coast is quite not very interesting.

I suggest you to dive with LA SIRENA, a very professional dive center located in the Estartit harbor. All the dives I made with them took place in the Reserve.

Enjoy your stay.

Hope I'm not too late with this reply.

I have dived with Unisub in L'Estartit, good outfit. No problems if you are diving alone, you can either buddy with someone else, or with a dive guide. Dive centre is in a bar, so it's a great place to debrief and fill your log book.

The dive sites are close to the harbour (10 mins boat ride) so they run single tank trips. If you get up early enough you can easily do 3 or 4 dives a day, but I used to dive in the morning and spend the afternoon with the wife and children - seemed like a good compromise to me.

Tks for your suggestions.~

Meanwhile I made a reservation at Les Illes (Hotel and Dive center) hope I did a good choice....., and will go with a friend that also loves to dive.

I am leaving tomorrow and will let you know my impressions afterwards :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom