Cape Cod Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foamer86

Reaction score
I am sure this has been discussed previously, so if I am being redundant please direct me to where it has been disscussed. My girlfriend and I go to cape cod, often to visit her family. I have been going there for about 2 years now, we try to find diving operations or places to dive, but have been very unsuccessful so far. Does any one have any advice as to where to go or anything on diving in cape cod, other then it is cold. Her grandmother lives about 30 minutes from Provincetown if that helps

Thanks in advance

Craig

The Cape's a sand bar, so there isn't much, but you might check out http://63.74.120.153/divelocker/dive_cc.htm or "Beneath the Waters of Cape Cod" by Donald Ferris for some ideas.

Sandwich beach is supposed to be pretty good, and there are a few good wreck dives in the area if you can get offshore. The Pinthis wreck is great!

foamer86:
I am sure this has been discussed previously, so if I am being redundant please direct me to where it has been disscussed. My girlfriend and I go to cape cod, often to visit her family. I have been going there for about 2 years now, we try to find diving operations or places to dive, but have been very unsuccessful so far. Does any one have any advice as to where to go or anything on diving in cape cod, other then it is cold. Her grandmother lives about 30 minutes from Provincetown if that helps

Thanks in advance

Craig[/QUOTe

Just to clarify i am looking for a boat to go out on

thanks

foamer86:

Thanks in advance

Craig

The Sandwich Town Beach is a very popular shore dive site. If you dive for bugs there are always a few. I don't think you can get deeper than 30 feet without a shovel.

There's even an old tugboat wreck, it's in horrible shape but within 50 yds of shore.

If you are staying mid-cape there some areas such as Corporation Beach or Sandwich Town Beach both shore dives. You should try Sea Sports or East Coast Divers both in Hyannis they would know of boat charters. To be honest with you the best diving on Cape Cod is in Cape Ann. Think about taking a day trip with the family, what Cape Cod promises Cape Ann delivers. Oh and as for bug hunting just look don't touch without a permit. When you are in town post here and you should find plenty of folks willing to dive with you if you need a guide or buddy.

Not to speak badly about some of our shore dive sites but in my opinion Corporation and Sandwich Beach are really boring dives. You would have to swim quite a ways to get 25' and there is not a lot to see. I would definitely hop online and try to find a charter to take you to a wreck or such. I am not familiar with any in that area off the top of my head.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom