Salisbury Dive Accident?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastew

Reaction score
Anyone hear about a dive accident off of Salisbury Beach (North Shore MA)?? Thought I caught the last bit of something mentioned on the radio, but I didnt get it all.

Hoping I just heard it wrong and that everyone's okay!

An 18-year-old man on an outing with friends suffered a serious spinal injury yesterday when he dove headfirst into shallow water at Salisbury Beach.

Brian Parks of 6 Apple Blossom Road, Groveland, was flown to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston where he was in critical condition.

Witnesses said Parks, a 2004 Pentucket Regional High School graduate, was at the beach with his girlfriend, Heidi Teel of Amesbury, and other friends when he and Teel ran toward the water. Parks dove in, and when he didn't come up after a few moments, Teel pulled him to shore and screamed for help.

There's more, but that's the jist of it.

Wow!! tough accident. I whish him the best.

According to today's paper, he has stabilized but they're waiting to see if he has any spinal damage. Could be a few days before they know for certain.

Apparently there were two nurses on the beach at the time of the accident and they got to work on him toot sweet. Probably what saved his life.

not sure if I should say "poor kid" or "stupid kid"? either way doesnt deserve what happened, wouldnt wish that on anyone's family!

thanks for the update! nice to get more of the story.
~stu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom