LB Marine Survey Dive & Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Godly_Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Local Divers,
I have received this message from another group that I belong to; I thought someone in this group might be interested. I have an already planned B-Day party to go to with my 2 year old...would have loved to participate otherwise.
Cheers,
R.Duzel

Diver Recruitment for 3rd Annual Long Beach Marine Life Survey & Dive Cleanup

Dear Certified Diver:

Once again we are asking a few qualified divers to participate in surveying marine life and cleaning debris from a small section of Long Beach waters. This year we have chosen the Naples Canal to go along with there 100 year university. This shallow, single tank dive takes place Saturday, April 30, 2005.
Prior to the dive, we will meet at Long Beach Marine Institute/Sea Scout Headquarters, in the shadow of the Second Street Bridge at 9 am. Divers will be treated to a free Bay tour aboard the 90' research vessel, "Conqueror". We will bring marine life on board for a hands on experience in the touch tanks. Each diver may bring a friend or family member. Following the tour, divers will board the "OctoBus" for a short ride to the Naples entry point at 10;30 am. Divers not interested in boat tour of the bay can show up at 10;30 am.
When in the water, divers will be accompanied by a dive master, support boat and dixie land band. Following the survey/cleanup, we will return to the Institute for refreshments (Barbecue) , music and prizes. Each diver will receive an event tee-shirt. There is no fee for this dive. Proof of certification is required.
To sign up contact Lenny Arkinstall at lennyeva@earthlink.net or call 562.225-4669.
Time is short and space is limited, so don't delay!
Thank you very much.

For directions visit LBMI web site
http://www.longbeachmarineinst.com/home/directions/map_boat.htm

Lenny Arkinstall, Executive Director
Los Cerritos Wetlands Stewards, Inc.

Lenny Arkinstall
Los Cerritos Wetlands Stewards Inc.
Exceutive Director
(562) 225-4669
lennyeva@earthlink.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back