Hello - AAUS in Boston?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paula_n

New
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Paula and I just learned how to scuba dive last summer and I love it!!

Anyway an opportunity to join a research expedition dive in Brazil in December has
presented itself to me, however I would need to be AAUS certified before I can go (and preferably this summer since I am a student). I am new to Boston, and new to diving and so am a bit lost in trying to find an institution where I can take a course that would give me that certification.

I heard about Northeastern's Marine Research Methods course, but its $850 which is a little more than I can afford I think. Does anybody know of any alternatives in the area? Or is that the price I'm looking at anyway?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :wink:

Thanks!

Hi, Paula Welcome to the board and welcome to Bahston
you might want to ask your question on the NELD forum here at Scubaboard. http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56
One of the regulars there might be able to help you good luck.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hello Paula, I can't help you with your question, but I did want to welcome you to the Scubaboard community! I'm confident you came to the right place.

Great. Thanks for the tip augk and thanks for the warm welcome to the rest :)!

Paula

Welcome to the board. I hope you make it. Sounds like a great time. If you get to go, have fun for me...

Howdy!

Welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom