Roatan info...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-QC

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm planning a trip Roatan early 2006. I was wondering How was the operator at Fantasy Island??...I don't like cattle boats...If anybody have info on different operators that runs small boat and their resort, i would appreciate.

What is also the best time of the year to see whale sharks?
Is there any Mantas overthere?
Some say the diving is better down south of the island because the wall is close to shore or something like that..not quite sure...some other are saying that Utila is much better diving than Roatan...

I know that i'm asking a lot of questions at the same time...it'll be clearer for me after!!

Thanks

I am going in late May. I will write a trip report and be glad to try to answer any questions. Some others on this board have been there much more than I, but I will try to help.

Scuba-QC:
I'm planning a trip Roatan early 2006. I was wondering How was the operator at Fantasy Island??...I don't like cattle boats...If anybody have info on different operators that runs small boat and their resort, i would appreciate.

Some say the diving is better down south of the island because the wall is close to shore or something like that..not quite sure...some other are saying that Utila is much better diving than Roatan...

I know that i'm asking a lot of questions at the same time...it'll be clearer for me after!!

Thanks

Scuba-QC:

Thanks
I was at FI for two weeks last year and there were around 12 divers per boat. That left every other space free so it wasn't too bad. The dive operation was pretty good in general . The DM was attentive and helpful, they had fruit and water on the boat and they had dive lockers right near the boat where you could leave your equipment. They would ferry you out in a small boat to dive the wreck or the two wals in the cove between FI and Coco View.

Back
Top Bottom