anyone dive for...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreshyTy

Reaction score
Hey

I was wondering if anyone has ever dove for lobster in eastern canada. If so where abouts and how deep did you have to go to see or catch them.

Thanks

Ty

Aaah, it's illegal to dive for lobster in Atlantic Canada, so if anyone has actually done it, I doubt they would be giving details here.

Lets just say.... if you want to keep ALL your dive gear, and vehical, also a hefty fine........ don't dive for lobster here :p.. like KimInNB said.. it's illegal.. so is spear fishing even stabbing a fish with a knife underwater is considered spear fishing............

I was wondering if catching Lobster or Spear Fishing was illegal here in Atlantic Canada. I wouldn't want to be the person who was caught doing that. I'm totally in agreement with Fire Diver and KiminNB. Ladies, you're right, about illegally fishing for Lobster and Spear Fishing. You wouldn't catch me doing it. I'm too chicken to doing some thing like that. Snorkel Corey

I'd be a lot more concerned about the fishermen catching me than DFO..... you'd likely wind up as trap bait.

Spear fishsing is illegal too... Even stabbing a flounder with a dive knife is illegal.. But here's the catch.... If you can catch the flounder and put in a goodie bag.. it's ok... but you can't use anything to kill it underwater.. Lobster is Illegal period..... So pretty much carry a fish hook with you and a short bit of line, and you got some flounder :p......<what a mental picture> <><

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom