Problems with Volo power ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-QC

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like to know if anyone had any problems with their VOLO POWER?

The rubber on the tips of my Volo Power began to split off from the plastic. After only 15 dives it's kinda disapointing....

Please answer to this thread only if you had problems with those fins. I will send this thread to a Mares Rep so they can be advise of the situation.

thanks to everyone.

This was what I posted a few weeks ago in another thread, I wasn't wearing them, but it caused a problem because it slowed down the group I was trying to get into the water
On saturday I watched a diver take his brand new Mares Volo power fins into the water, walked in chest deep, put his fins on and as a swell picked him up he came back down on the tip of the fin, the plastic (colored stripe across blade) snapped across the blade causing the fin to go pretty much limp. This occured just above where the holes are. Nice to know if you are looking into buying this fin. They lasted a total of about 3 minutes in the ocean.
These fins were brand spankin new, aside from a few pool sessions. I was not impressed with these fins. Luckily his buddy returned the pair he got, fearing issues with the construction might cause him problems, was he ever right!

Some more users on the board complaining about their failing Volo fins (or clones)

Divedoggie:
I had a similar occurrance last June. I was exiting the water at a breakwater when a wave picked me up and dropped me onto the tip of the fin and it snapped!

TekRefugee:
I have 70 dives on my Volo Powers, and my LDS has replaced them TWICE during that time. I dive in the Pacific NW, and these things just don't hold up here. The first time, the plastic rays snapped, just as the OP described (I still don't know exactly how it happened, though). The second time, the black rubber delaminated around the tips of the stiff rays, at all four ends of the rays (2 per fin). There is a design problem with this fin, IMHO. Neither of these things should ever happen to a $190 fin. All you have to do is look at the things, they are just too fragile. Having said all that, they are really great fins to dive with - the first kick aceleration you get with these things is just amazing. My LDS has been wonderful, but when this 3rd pair fails (and I know it will) I'm going to have to go for something more durable.

menemsha43:
I just bought Plana Avanti Quatros this weekend to replace my Volos (which I am not wild about). Before my Volos I had Scubapro Seawings which were very powerful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom