RI Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCBnG

Registered
Reaction score
Hey There,

I'm pretty new to Rhode Island (and New England diving in general), but in driving around I've noticed a ton of lakes. Are there any lakes in RI which are pretty good dives? I've poked around a little bit, but didn't seem to find too much. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Well so far the only good divable one is Beach Pond on the CT border. Ide like to know of others

Many of the lakes in NE are loaded with tanins (brown water), this comes from decaying leaves. Do not dive in one of those lakes the vis will be terrible and all sunlight will be gone by 20'. The spring feed lakes are generally pretty clear but there is not a lot to see. My recommendation is to get in the ocean, it's available and there is much more to see. If your going to take the time and effort to dive, maximize your enjoyment. I almost never do lake diving anymore, even though there are many good lakes to dive in my area. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom