Gunilda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesherpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find info on the Gunilda beyond the standard sources? By this, I mean does anyone have any research into the Gunilda that they would pass on, or at least pass on the source?

DIRQuest had an article on her I think. Wasn't very in depth though but did give history. Seems I remember an article in the old AquaCorps mag also.

I've heard her described as the "perfect wreck", "world's prettiest wreck" and such.

You might check with Lost Yooper. He's pretty knowledgable about Great Lakes wrecks.

Tom

There are some excellent pics of the Gunilda on the link below. One of the local dive shops in my area took them on a trip. Just click on the Photos button on the website and then click on the Gunilda link to see the pics, they're awesome.
Going Under Dive Center

Actually I don't have any good websites on it anymore. There used to be a couple, but I seem to have lost one and the other doesn't work anymore. I'll look around.

Mike

Originally posted by GP
There are some excellent pics of the Gunilda on the link below. One of the local dive shops in my area took them on a trip. Just click on the Photos button on the website and then click on the Gunilda link to see the pics, they're awesome.
Going Under Dive Center

you're right, the pics there are great.

Tom

Another legendary lake wreck is Kamloops. Anyone been on her?

Tom

That's another one that's kinda hard to get to. It's on my list, but who knows if the circumstances will be right for me to dive it. Maybe someday.

Mike

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
That's another one that's kinda hard to get to. It's on my list, but who knows if the circumstances will be right for me to dive it. Maybe someday.

Mike

When I win the lottery we'll charter a big fancy boat and do all the good ones

=-)

Tom

Thanks for the photos, GP. The quality is appreciated. Any more info on the Kamloops?

Originally posted by Divesherpa
Thanks for the photos, GP. The quality is appreciated. Any more info on the Kamloops?

I can't find much on the web about her. I remember talking to a guy years ago that dived her. He told of a body in the engine room that would float in a swimming diver's "wake" seeming to follow you around. Seriously eerie stuff!

Best URL I found:
http://www.superiortrips.com/Kamloops_Shipwreck.htm

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom