Wakatobi - anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tx.lakerats

Club Web Master
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
In the process of "thinking" of planning a trip to Wakatobi. Any pros or cons would really help.
Did you stay in Bali after??

Thanks in advance

tx.lakerats:
In the process of "thinking" of planning a trip to Wakatobi. Any pros or cons would really help.

Thanks in advance

Our club in Austin in going in June 2006. I missed the meeting due to work but they have representatives that are local to help you with everything you need to know. We are planning on Bali for at least a day before and two days after. If you are interested PM me and I will get you in touch with our group for more information. I am hoping to arrange my work so that I can let the company pay me to get close. Now I just have to figure the cost of taking my non-diving wife. The place is so pretty I just wouldn't feel right not having her along.

BTW, Sulawesi is much closer to Australia than Asia.

frogfish:
...And Texas much closer to Mexico than Illinois :wink:

Quite true. However the illegal immigration problem is shortening that distance from Mexico to Illinois.

BTW, If you ever drop by Deep Sea Fishing HDQ on Beach Rd. tell Joshua and Janice that their UPS Pilot friend said hello and I hope to get back soon.

I love Singapore. It's a FINE city :eyebrow:

tx.lakerats:

Thanks in advance

I just got back from Wakatobi and posted a short report here on the board at this URL http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=97356

I stayed on Bali for a few days before and after, and dived both times. (Before at Scuba Seraya in Tulamben, and after at Nusa Penida with Abyss Adventures.) If you are coming from a bunch of time zones away, it's nice to have a bit of time to adjust. Seraya is very laid back with no set schedule, so you dive when and as much as you feel you want to, so that worked very well for me.

For any of you with a trip scheduled to Wakatobi, try to take advantage of the massage offer. It's a bargain, and very nicely done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom