Frontside Catalina on the Sea Bass - Mini Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_O_H

Contributor
Reaction score
I dove the frontside of Catalina on the Sea Bass last weekend and just wanted to give them a quick plug. They have a great operation - relatively fast boat, spacious and comfortable layout, nitrox on board and, most importantly, a very friendly and safety conscious staff. We left at 7, did three great dives and were back home a little after 3:00.

Had some great dives too. The first two were at bird rock. Visibility was 60'+ - outstanding by my norcal standards. Highlights were seeing a nice sized leopard shark and about 50 large and curious lobsters. Very cool kelp and rock formations here too.

Third dive was, I think, called red crane rock? Visibility wasn't quite as good, but swimming in the afternoon sunlight among the kelp and the rubble from the quarry up the hill was very cool. Highlight of this dive was finding a gigantic green abalone hiding under a rock during my safety stop.

Overall, it was a very good day of diving. I definitely recommend anyone visiting socal to get a few dives in (it was as good or better than anything I've seen in Monterey) and highly recommend doing it on the Sea Bass.

Back
Top Bottom