Roatan Whale Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A friend and I are heading to AKR in July for our first Roatan trip. Was wondering if whale sharks are common sight in Roatan, I know there are seen frequently off Utila. Any info would be awsome.

Thanks!!!!

nope, not common. we just got back and everyone down there said the same thing, "haven't seen a whaleshark in roatan in years." Maybe a few have, but not most. Roatanman made a thread just recently about a whale shark around coco view. pop into take a look and see what he had to offer, but if you want the possibility of seeing a whale shark then you'll have to head to utila. I think it's worth the trip, even if you don't see a whale shark.

Have fun.

Thanks for the info mate!

Shrew:
nope, not common. we just got back and everyone down there said the same thing, "haven't seen a whaleshark in roatan in years." Maybe a few have, but not most. Roatanman made a thread just recently about a whale shark around coco view. pop into take a look and see what he had to offer, but if you want the possibility of seeing a whale shark then you'll have to head to utila. I think it's worth the trip, even if you don't see a whale shark.

Have fun.

from roatan?

zboss:
How far is Utila from Roatan?

From the western tip of Roatan to Utila is about 18 nautical miles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom