Broken Pin on Mask...Any chance of replacement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnny_bravo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On my trip to Curacao a couple of weeks ago my 5 year old Dacor mask which i love dearly suffered a mishap. Normally I guess people's straps break but in this case the plastic pin where the strap is threaded to the mask broke in two. I ended up having to borrow the captain's mask (lucky he had one). I will be buying a mask and plan on always having a backup.

Are these pins pretty standard? Can I find a replacement? I would hate to throw away the mask...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

What kind of mask? I did that on my Cressi and my local shop hooked me up with a replacement buckle.

jonnythan is on the right track, check the shop where you bought it. Many times they have extra parts lying around and will help out a regular customer. In general though, the pin should be replaceble, but not necessarily a stock item.
---------------------
Dennis

Well, my shop made me pay Cressi's retail price of $7.95 for a pair of replacement buckles. Probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't bought anything there besides tank fills since 2001 :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom