Hey you guys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingGal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ok dive season up here in the GWN has started, and we're already getting new OW divers certified.

Who's interested in visiting some of the "American" wrecks? Namely: Keystorm, America, Vichery, Peel, Jodrey & Oconto

Tentatively scheduled for the last weekend of June (29/30).

If you are interested let me know - along with which two wrecks are you interested in seeing.

Well, I'd need a few more details, but I'm tentatively interested, and have one or two friends who might want to go along as well...

All 3 of us are OW-cert, but that's about it. Which of these are suitable? (2 of us are only new to diving though, and are quite strong swimmers if that's relevant)

Where are these wrecks? We'd be driving up from the toronto area, so is this a day trip, or something we should plan on finding a hotel for?

What's available for nearby rentals?

Estimated cost?

What's to see / where can I get more details about the wrecks themselves?

Thanks,
Jamie

I would love too

but not sure about my sched
plus my girlfriends family is in Ontario and she really wants to go

I really want to go check out shipwrecks seeing as I never get to do some recreational diving in

So I got a question
are these dives all in fresh water?
the only fresh water i've been in was the pool lol.
so I guess i won't have a weight problem because i pack lots of it
salt water junkie

In a nut shell:
Charter rates:
2 American wrecks = $75
1 American wreck + Kinghorn = $70

The charter company will arrange for equipment rental: tank $15, BCD $15, regulator set $12, Wetsuit $25 ,complete set (BC, Reg, wetsuit, weightbelt) $55

The American wrecks have depths as follows: Keystorm (115), America (92), Canadian wreck:Kinghorn (90)

Oh and BTW Jodrey & Oconto won't be considered by me as they are beyond the 130ft mark. Here's another two off the list Vickery (65) and Peel (80) -- see indeco's post -- apparently both wrecks Vickery and Peel may start at the depths I posted, but you're not going to see anything until you get a lot deeper. again thanks indeco - I hate to give incorrect information such as this which may lead to a diver going beyond their means

As you can see all these wrecks are considered "deep" and you should have the appropriate skill and experience to dive them.

Take a look at this thread for more details of the wrecks Ontario Wreck descriptions

Lol hey Divergal

that webpage link i posted may have been wrong when i got ow
cert the depth was 40 -60 feet i think in that page
the Keystorm (115) said recomended for owd
crazy depth for ow cert
lol but they all sound fun I'm certified for all dives

OW is by most agencies (I believe) to be to the 60ft mark.

I've revised the link in the above posting to a different thread where I'm adding links to descriptions of wrecks available from various locations on the web.

Here's the answer I got from the charter Divemaster & Instructor when I asked about OW divers diving the wrecks around Brockville
Sorry for the delay, OW divers are fine on the Gaskin & the Keystorm, The America & Lillie are possible but that is dependant on the divers experience.

Interpretation? Gaskin and Keystorm "OK" as both wrecks, although deep, that is really the "only" consideration when planning a dive on either. The America & Lillie you must also include current, bottom conditions.

So anyone saying yes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom