Man it would be nice to have a weekend marine forecast with less than 3-5' seas.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this is early in the boat dive season but man it would be nice to have something other than 3-5' seas and strong winds on the weekends. Hopefully the forecast will hold such that we don't end up with rain to go along with these seas.

Anyone else planning to take their boat out this weekend?

--Matt

Already blown out of a planned trip tomorrow to the U-853, second blow out this week (other was Wednesday.)

Henryville:
Already blown out of a planned trip tomorrow to the U-853, second blow out this week (other was Wednesday.)

My next U853 visit will be Mem Day Weekend weather pending. Have you been on her yet this year?

--Matt

We're going early Sunday am. Actually, probably not that early, like 7:30. We will be diving either inside Bakers or frontside of House Island. I'll be on 65 and I answer to MadisonK. It would be great to hook up out there with some of you.

I'm headed out with the Gauntlet tomorrow morning to the Mars wreck....from Salem...it's a 32 mile run.

Soggy is buying stock in bonine.......

MadisonK:
We're going early Sunday am. Actually, probably not that early, like 7:30. We will be diving either inside Bakers or frontside of House Island. I'll be on 65 and I answer to MadisonK. It would be great to hook up out there with some of you.

Depending upon how late you stay out we may bump into each other. The marine forecast is calling for a chance of rain in the AM so I am planning to head out between 11 and 12. I spent all last Saturday in the rain so I decided to try for a dry boat run tomorrow :wink: We'll see what we see in terms of seas and decide the dive sites from there. I want to do Burnham's Ledge and the Poling. We would do our afternoon eats in Cocktail Cove. Do you have two radio's on board or will you be scanning between 65 and 16?

Soggy - that will be one hell of a journey from Salem - particularly with the forecasted 3-5' seas (out to 40nm) and gof. How far from shore is the Mars?

I hope we all get some good diving done tomorrow. I hope the rain clears!

--Matt

matt_unique:
Soggy - that will be one hell of a journey from Salem - particularly with the forecasted 3-5' seas (out to 40nm) and gof. How far from shore is the Mars?

We made it out to the Pinthis, which is a few miles closer to Salem than the Mars and had flat calm seas all day. Did 2 dives on the Pinthis was > 40' visibility. Ahh, it's nice to have vis occasionally.

Just got back from an afternoon out at Halfway Rock. We had calm seas but 3/4 mile vis in fog. The temps were decent - 44 degrees above about 40' and 43 degrees down to about 80'. I was surprised how warm it was actually. My buddy and I stayed on the Marblehead side of the pinnacle. Decent vis - about 20' - but pretty dark with the overcast skies.

By the time we were heading back the front had passed and the fog cleared. Of course the winds and seas picked up. Back to the 3-5' as forecasted (primarily swell). The sun came out at 5pm as we were getting on the highway....ha ha ha....figures.

How did everyone else do today? Soggy? MadisonK? etc.?

--Matt

Went out as well yesterday AM with Cape Ann Divers. 1st dive was paddock and 2nd was kettle Island. Conditions were same as yours. there was a gentle rock once anchored that made several of divers on boat a bit quezy. Also, some brave souls that were diving wet. Did both dives. Troopers in my book. They warmed themselves during surface intervals with heated water from engine. Was odd seeing them topside steaming as geared up for 2nd dive.

I was fine and enjoyed myself (diving dry) Was eery on way to site not seeing shore. Paddock is good dive in fog. You can't really get lost. Go to top of rock and grab mooring line up.

Best part of day was promised mrs. would mow lawn after dive. Rain changed that plan so had a nice post dive nap in rain..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom