diving sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STOGEY

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On this comming Sunday May 1st will be diving with the NorthShore Frogmen. Will be meeting at the Burger King on 128 in in Glouster at 8 am, be leaving by 830. Probably will be diving anywhere from Old Garden Beach to Back Beach depending on the weather.

Anyone who wants to join us is welcome.

Yes, the dive is on and pthers are always welcome. As for me as long as the weather isn't too much like it is right now. That is basically a monsoon I'll be there.

how you folks make out with the dive? was a little stormy in the morning, how did that effect conditions?

I had a little problem with my bc. I originally bought it about six months ago, and slmsot from the beginning I've had a problem with my tank slipping through the strap. Anyways after the tank slipped through the strap for the third time, I sort of layed low for the duration of the dive.

But we met up with a person who is a member of the froggies and Rick L was able to continue the dive with him. The water did feel pretty warm and they told me that vis was about 30-40 feet. By the way did I tell you that we dove at the cemetary near Lanes Cove. Nice area except for the long walk to the beach. The water temp was about 45 and with my wet suit I hardly felt it.

Anyways since my bc is only six months old, I imediatley went to my dealer, North Atlantic Scuba Sales in Hampton. Don who owns the place did a few configurations of the strap, and decided that the strap was a little too flimsy. The strap was known as a spagetti strap. So Don dave me a strap that is a lot more sturdy and I think that it can even lift a 400 lb girl I know who lives in Maine. So I should be all set.

Rick L did catch a few bugs and did two dives.

Maybe just around one of her ankles. Ha, Ha, ha,

Hi
Great dives good vis 30+ in many areas!!
1ST dive 49feet for 51min 42degrees 576psi remaining 2-Lobsters
2ND dive 30feet for 47min 43degrees 875psi remaining 3-lobsters
Lobsters are starting to come in. also pulled out a nice egger and a v notched one.
didn't see many fish!
There was lots of jelly fish.
Rick L

What planet are you guys diving on where you are seeing temperatures in the mid40s? Highest I've seen so far is 39 degrees at the surface on the Pinthis wreck on Saturday. Temp at depth was 37-38.

Back
Top Bottom