Looking for buddies to dive in Channel Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexferr

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a french guy who will ive here for one year (research scholar at UCSB). I am looking for buddies to shedule dive boats starting from Santa Barbara or Ventura (SB is more easy for me: no car).

I am OWD but ever dive up to 110 feets and plan to sign up for an AOWD in June I think. I can plan a dive boat in weekdays too because I don't have any imposed working days.

Have good dives,

Alex

Hi Jam,

Thanks for the link! cool...

I plan a dive on the peace next May 21th or 22th, starting from ventura if you are interested...

Yes I would like to go sometimes to Orange country for diving. I can plan a dive boat in weekdays too because I don't have any imposed working days. So if you can it could be a good deal!

Diver_Jan:
Hi Alex,

I would love to come up and dive with you sometime. Or, if you are able, come down to Orange County.

In the meantime, you might find this link handy for California Dive Boats to the Channel Islands.

http://californiadiveboats.com/

Hi Alex! Welcome! Like Jan, I'm in Orange County. If you get down this way, let us know.

That being said, I am scheduled on the Spectre to go to Santa Cruz/Anacapa on 7/30 with a friend! If you can make it, I'll look for you!

Enjoy your time in California!!

alexferr:
Hi Jam,

Thanks for the link! cool...

I plan a dive on the peace next May 21th or 22th, starting from ventura if you are interested...

Yes I would like to go sometimes to Orange country for diving. I can plan a dive boat in weekdays too because I don't have any imposed working days. So if you can it could be a good deal!

Welcome... cool another Frenchy !

I'm diving Coronado Islands next week-end out of San Diego.

I might be interested in some boat diving out of Ventura or SB this summer (may is a little too busy for me and I need warmer weather and water)....

If you come down south to Orange County, let us know (you'll always find buddies here)....There is also the Wrinkles Dive on May 14 in La Jolla (San Diego) and I plan on being there.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=93698

Erik

I'd be up for going this summer as well. I'm heading down to LA in May for the summer to study for the bar, and when I'm not studying, I plan to be diving. If there's a particular weekend/afternoon you want to go, shoot me and email. :)

Val

Hey!

Are you sure it's 7/30? :hmmm:

I am other hand, I will anounce my future plans in this forum.

Ann Marie:
Hi Alex! Welcome! Like Jan, I'm in Orange County. If you get down this way, let us know.

That being said, I am scheduled on the Spectre to go to Santa Cruz/Anacapa on 7/30 with a friend! If you can make it, I'll look for you!

Enjoy your time in California!!

Alex I am a student at UCSB. The channel islands are great diving, but if you're interested we do beach dives here as well (MUCH cheaper). There's a SCUBA Club on campus right now if you're interested I can give you the contact details of the guy who is in charge of that right now. Just this Sunday they did a dive and had a barbecue at Goleta Beach (the pier you can see from Campus). I have a light class load, no classes Tuesday or Thursday so I'd be able to dive those days, I am short on cash though so I might not be able to do a diveboat trip, although we do have a deal with truth aquatics for club members. Let me know.

Thomas

alexferr:
Hi,

I am a french guy who will ive here for one year (research scholar at UCSB). I am looking for buddies to shedule dive boats starting from Santa Barbara or Ventura (SB is more easy for me: no car).

I am OWD but ever dive up to 110 feets and plan to sign up for an AOWD in June I think. I can plan a dive boat in weekdays too because I don't have any imposed working days.

Have good dives,

Alex
when are you thinking of approx, let me know i would also be interested, send p-message or e_mail jimernst@sbcglobal.net

Channel Islands Scuba has trips out of Ventura on the Explorer, in fact, they are going out on Sunday. We go out quite allot to the Channel Islands. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom