Conditions at Hathways?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastew

Reaction score
Anyone been to Hathway Ponds recently? Anyone Planning on going? I was curious to get a recent conditions (particularly temps) report. I'm hoping to get out Monday but temps still seem a bit chilly for wetsuit diving. So considering hitting Hathway instead of the seas...

thanks all
~stu

It's about 55 degrees at the surface with thermocline at the usual 15ft. An instructor friend of mine has run about 30 OW students throught the pond over the past two weekends. He is not going to be there this weekend, so it might be a good time to go.

Paul

well if anyone happens to Hathways (and conditions change) I'd be very interested in a report, since I'll likely be doing a tuneup over there in the next week or so

~thanks all

scubastew:
well if anyone happens to Hathways (and conditions change) I'd be very interested in a report, since I'll likely be doing a tuneup over there in the next week or so

~thanks all

Umm, I just said I was there 2 weeks ago :)

Two weeks ago, yes, but I was looking for a slightly more current report. No offense, Sir Soggy! Just looking for "current" conditions. The 41 at 15 you reported 2 weeks back was too cold for wetsuit diving (or at least for me to go diving in a wetsuit). Paul's report from PGDive sounded a little better but I didnt hear the thermocline depth and temp. But 55 is A-Okay for me.

So if anyone happens by Hathaways in the next week or so, a report would be super.

thanks all

Back
Top Bottom