Top 5 Dive Locations in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apex Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I just want to get an idea of what the members of this forum think is the best in the Philippines. Rank your top 5 locations in terms of your own overall diving experience. No need to mention specifics unless you want to. If you feel the need to add a #6, #7, #8, etc., feel free to. I'm just looking to get a general idea of favorites. Thanks for your participation.

You have a dive business, here is my point of view of your request. there are too many dive sites to list, too many sites to dive, and not enough time.

I am also sure that you have the dive guides available that are more valuable than people that would post here because most people who have dove there have been to one or two resorts that are regional. Or you have the local diver that has his favorite location that everybody already knows about (Anilao, Apo Island, Tubataha, Mindoro, Palawan, Cebu, Bohol, etc)

If you are going to promote diving in the Philippines you have a larger problem of insuring the security of foreigners. Don't get me wrong I was born there and I come home to dive a lot. I am also employed in the Dive Industry in the US (for the last 27 years). It has been the dream of most dive businesses in the Philippines to get the US market to come over (the US has more divers that are willing to spend $$$ than any other country) The Europeans already know about the Philippines, but let's face it, they don't spend like US divers do.

Good Luck with project.

PS. the best dive sites are in the Spratly's, if you want GREAT diving

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I understand with a poll like this that the response will not be scientific nor conclusive. I was simply interested in hearing about favorite spots in the Philippines, regardless of the factors involved in the ranking process. --A.D.

eelpout:
You have a dive business, here is my point of view of your request. there are too many dive sites to list, too many sites to dive, and not enough time.

I am also sure that you have the dive guides available that are more valuable than people that would post here because most people who have dove there have been to one or two resorts that are regional. Or you have the local diver that has his favorite location that everybody already knows about (Anilao, Apo Island, Tubataha, Mindoro, Palawan, Cebu, Bohol, etc)

If you are going to promote diving in the Philippines you have a larger problem of insuring the security of foreigners. Don't get me wrong I was born there and I come home to dive a lot. I am also employed in the Dive Industry in the US (for the last 27 years). It has been the dream of most dive businesses in the Philippines to get the US market to come over (the US has more divers that are willing to spend $$$ than any other country) The Europeans already know about the Philippines, but let's face it, they don't spend like US divers do.

Good Luck with project.

PS. the best dive sites are in the Spratly's, if you want GREAT diving

hi,
The best so far for me, since I have dived these location are the ff: from 1-5
Balicasag island, Bohol
Puerto galera
Lubang islands, Mindoro- spearfishing
Anilao- near our place, manila
Davao gulf
Marinduque- memorable diving the chinese junk with the Phil national museum

gaudencio:
hi,
The best so far for me, since I have dived these location are the ff: from 1-5
Balicasag island, Bohol
Puerto galera
Lubang islands, Mindoro- spearfishing
Anilao- near our place, manila
Davao gulf
Marinduque- memorable diving the chinese junk with the Phil national museum

Hi Gaudencio. Thanks for your input! ---A.D.

from what i've tried: (w/ 1 being the bestest)

5. scuba world swimming pool (wahahahaha)
4. white beach puerto galera
3. coron wrecks
2. anilao in general
1.75 sombrero island area, anilao
1.5 apo island in general
1. coconut point Apo Island

Jag

stand point : Regular work week in manila, regular weekend diver to relax !

3. Anilao
2. Around Sombrero Island
1. around Ligpo, it's most convenient for me , And my regular place IS QUIET !!!! NO excursionist!!!! no loud music !!! and latest addition a Deep salwater pool great for training!!!

So the best diving for me is where it allows me to get wet on a weekdays with less stress. i am easy to please furthermore am not into big fishes, sharks etc, i am an aquarist hence i enjoy the little critters around the reef, diving alone i can spend more than an hour examining a good size rock with its own biodiversity.

But on a regular weekend dive, we always do several 100 ft (or so) dives with the occassional deeper than 130ft. dives :eyebrow:

1. Apo Island (Negros)
2. Padre Burgos (Leyte)....especially Limasawa Island
3. Sabang (Mindoro)....especially Verde Island
4. Malapascua Island (Cebu)
5. Panglao (Bohol)

Lots more for me to see in the Philippines, always looking forward to my next favorite!

1. Coconut Point - Apo Island
2. Chapel - Apo Island
3. Canyons - Puerto Galera
4. Devils Point - Anilao
5. Pinnacles - Ligpo, Anilao

Thanks a lot for the info. I have been staying in the Philippines for about 2 years now and love it. I do not have a dive business there, I just like diving. You are right about everyone having a dive spot. I have been doing most of my diving in Subic Bay where I stay. I hope to be moving over to Cebu when I get back there.

I will look up this place, Spratly's, if you can give me an idea where it is.

Again thank you,
Jim

[

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom