Malapascua has the best viz during what month?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Blues

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I understand this is a nice sleeper but that the viz around Monad is pretty murky during the early a.m. when the threshers go to cleaning stations. Just trying to get an optimum time as when to go diving there. Also any idea when there is the least rainfall? thanks.

Mr. Blues:
I understand this is a nice sleeper but that the viz around Monad is pretty murky during the early a.m. when the threshers go to cleaning stations. Just trying to get an optimum time as when to go diving there. Also any idea when there is the least rainfall? thanks.

I've dived there on 3 trips so far and haven't noticed any decernable pattern. I usually go in late November and about mid May. Both are off season and accommodation pricing is a little less at those times. Drop Thresher Shark Diving a line. I'm diving with them towards the end of May. A lot depends upon the weather. I've seen the visibility change a bit even on the same trip. I did have a very good sighting of the threshers on my last trip. Enough to fill my digital camera lens at wide setting.

Jason

the best thing to do would be to find a tide table calendar for the place you want to go, should be able to find something reasonably close to Malapascua. Then study the table, go when the high tide is around 7 or 8 oclock am. (it gets later by 45 mins everyday) That way you have a nice incoming tide which should help with the viz.
I was there once in Feb and once in April, think April had the better viz but don't recall

Back
Top Bottom