Utila to Roatan question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockbeauty

Registered
Reaction score
I am returning to Utila this summer and want to spend my second week on Roatan. Is there a boat doing the trip between the two islands or do I have to fly? How long is the ride?

I know there is a ferry. If you are friendly and make friends fast, you may catch a ride with someone going over. Both times I have been on Utila, there has been at least 2 boat with people I had met going to Roatan.

Hey there rock beauty,

My name is Thomas and I'm writing to you from Utila, I live here..!!!

NO there is no ferry between the 2 islands, however, you can often get a ride with people on a sailboat or as you suggest your self, fly.
Furthermore you can also take the ferry via La Ceiba.
It leaves from here 6.20am and arrives La Ceiba 7.30am and goes on to Roatan 10.00am and arrives around 12.30.

A normal one way ticket by plane is 67.20us - one way with ferry 14us to Ceiba and 16us to Roatan (30 in total) - sailboat if more than 4 paasengers, 40us including breakfast.!!

If anything else you need to know, either diving wise or regarding any other info on the island, feel free to send me a reply..

All the best

And always remember to blow bubbles...

Thomas

Thanks to both of you for the replies...
Thomas, I knew I had the option to take the ferry back to La Ceiba since I was in Utila the first week of april...I was hoping there was a more "direct" way! I saw some sail trip advertise at Munchies and they go until Livingston so I guess I could arrange something once I'm there...
Even the flight with Sosa still pass by La ceiba? it does not do Utila Roatan direct?
Thanks again,

Sorry for the name of the reply...it was rockbeauty writing under her boyfriend's login name...oups, that's what happens when we share the computer, we forgot who's logged in!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom