Lost Mask - Diver's Cove Sat. May 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
During a Rescue Class, our gear tender and lost the 'victims' mask. Its a black Big Eyes with "McGee" on the cloth mask strap cover. If you find it, would you please PM me.

Thanks

Craig

Come On Craig, admit it, you pulled a Casey and lost your mask in the monstrous 2 foot waves on exit. I saw Casey do this at Cress street, but the waves were bigger. I hope someone returns it.

CA Diver:
Come On Craig, admit it, you pulled a Casey and lost your mask in the monstrous 2 foot waves on exit. I saw Casey do this at Cress street, but the waves were bigger. I hope someone returns it.

Funny thing is that he did lose it (the first time) on exit....he was again the victim and they lost his mask when they got pummeled. We found it that time, along with some other poor souls lost snorkel.

The second time the tender (a different one from the first) lost in 25' of water....how the heck he couldn't find it, I dunno....viz was close to 10'. Maybe some lovesick Girabaldi made off with it.

Otter:
Funny thing is that he did lose it (the first time) on exit....he was again the victim and they lost his mask when they got pummeled. We found it that time, along with some other poor souls lost snorkel.

The second time the tender (a different one from the first) lost in 25' of water....how the heck he couldn't find it, I dunno....viz was close to 10'. Maybe some lovesick Girabaldi made off with it.
Having been one of the pummelees during the first of two said mask incidents, I will attest to the fact that it really wasn't Craig's mask. And, if those waves were 2-footers, than I'm turning in my dive gear. They were more like 5'+. Please be nice to the Otter - he rules. :rocker:
Kevin

scubacalifornia:
Having been one of the pummelees during the first of two said mask incidents, I will attest to the fact that it really wasn't Craig's mask. And, if those waves were 2-footers, than I'm turning in my dive gear. They were more like 5'+. Please be nice to the Otter - he rules. :rocker:
Kevin

Tom's just goofin...I know him from Liburdis as well....I didn't even mention the real semi-rescue we had to do at the conclusion of the last dive.....I still think my students thought it was staged...it wasn't!....but might be in the future.

Sounds like you guys had an eventful and practical REscue Class. Glad everyone was ok.

Tom

Otter:
During a Rescue Class, our gear tender and lost the 'victims' mask. Its a black Big Eyes with "McGee" on the cloth mask strap cover. If you find it, would you please PM me.

Thanks

Craig
Otter did you ever get your mask back. somone at southcoast divers found one somewhere in Laguan Beach recently.

pasley:
Otter did you ever get your mask back. somone at southcoast divers found one somewhere in Laguan Beach recently.
I already inquired and the mask found by South Coast Divers was not the same one. We've already bought Tom a new one as well. Thanks.
Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom