2 tank shore dive on Cape Ann this week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DHGPJ

Registered
Reaction score
Responsible ex-northern California diver, newly arrived in Boston - needs to get wet, and I don't have any local buddies yet (not a drysuit diver... so far).
I'm itching to try out my new Cressi reg - and I hear it's wet suit weather! Marine forecast looks good for the end of the week.
Anyone want to do a little shore-diving on whatever side of Cape Ann makes sense, Thurs. or Friday of this week? I need a buddy. If you want me to hold your bulging lobster bag while you teach me the basics of NE bug hunting, I'd be happy to do that too!

Well I'm very interested in diving on Thursday. Would early AM be good for ya?

The AM works for me - not sure how early you mean. I could meet around 8:00 am or so at the site (wherever we choose).

Its supposed to be around 65 on Thursday. If you want we could meet at the bk on 128 just before you get into Glouster. Traffic can be a little testy before 8 so if you wait til about 9 then things begin to even out. I drive a black dodge dakota, will probably be parked on the big rig side.

I just bought a new wet suit through a site recomended by someone on this web site. Plus I just got a new strap set up for my bc, so I am very anxious to try out them both.

As far as the wet suit goes I bought a henderson 2 peice 7mm thick. It is made of a material similar to that super strecth that everybody is talking about. The only difference is that this material doesn't get destroyed by velcro like the hyperstretch does.

The person that I bought my initial gear quoted me a price of 450. I bought it from scuba toys.com for 160, including shipping and handling.

I made my order and in two days the wet suit was here.

OK, 9 am works for me. Where exactly is this BK? I've not stopped there before.
I'll be driving a silver Nissan Murano.

This is basically the place where most of us meet. Just go up 128 towards Glouster.
The bk is really just a few miles before you get to the rotary.

Like I said I'll be there about 9 if not a little before, in my black dodge dakota.

STOGEY:

The person that I bought my initial gear quoted me a price of 450. I bought it from scuba toys.com for 160, including shipping and handling.

At least you tried to use your LDS. Ah, the insanity of the scuba industry.

Would live to join you, but have other plans.

Have fun.

OK, sounds good. I'll see you there 9 am Thursday - assuming I find the BK, which doesn't sound hard. And also assuming I can get my hands on a 2nd tank - which will be doable one way or another. I'd love to dive Folly Cove - everyone seems to rave about the wall...
See you then.

I don't care if you have only one tank. One dive is better than none.

STOGEY:
Its supposed to be around 65 on Thursday. If you want we could meet at the bk on 128 just before you get into Glouster. Traffic can be a little testy before 8 so if you wait til about 9 then things begin to even out. I drive a black dodge dakota, will probably be parked on the big rig side.

I just bought a new wet suit through a site recomended by someone on this web site. Plus I just got a new strap set up for my bc, so I am very anxious to try out them both.

As far as the wet suit goes I bought a henderson 2 peice 7mm thick. It is made of a material similar to that super strecth that everybody is talking about. The only difference is that this material doesn't get destroyed by velcro like the hyperstretch does.

I can't find the suit. Where is it (Can you direct link it please!) And we ALL need a dive report!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom