Utila dive buddy wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cldbncr

Reaction score
Hi!

I am leaving for Utila next Saturday and need a dive buddy. Anybody wanna go? I have never been diving before but I am very excited about the learning experience. My friends couldn't get the time off, so I thought, if I have to wait for someone to go with me I may never get there! I am 25 and I am a fun chick, I promise! :wink: Feel free to send me a message!

Hello Fun Chick,

have a great time in Utila.
Have a look here for dive buddies: Scuba Singles.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

:sunny Hello cldbncr,

I would like to Welcome to SB –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me.

Take care and Safe Diving

:palmtree:
-Matt-

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

Wow! If you'd have asked me yesterday, when I could get 7 day advance air fare rates, I'd have been tempted. Even tho I'm going there in July, and you're younger than my daughter, I'd love to travel and dive with a young lady who has the adventure in her heart to go to Utila alone on her first dive trip. Wish you were going with my group! Let me know if you want to go back soon...?

But not to worry in the least. The Dive Masters will help you with dive buddies, or just take care of your themselves. Indeed, perhaps I should warn you of the DMs? :eyebrow: I'm sure that a fun girl traveling alone will make dozens of new friends, en route and there.

Be sure to check out our New Divers and Central America forum before you do, and I do hope you'll post a report in the Singles forum on your return. :crafty:

Nice offer fun chick, welcome to SB and I hope you find that buddy real soon.
David

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

cldbncr:
Hi!

I am leaving for Utila next Saturday and need a dive buddy. Anybody wanna go? I have never been diving before but I am very excited about the learning experience. My friends couldn't get the time off, so I thought, if I have to wait for someone to go with me I may never get there! I am 25 and I am a fun chick, I promise! :wink: Feel free to send me a message!

Don't worry about a dive buddy in Utila. If you are going to an all inclusive it may be a little problematic. If not, get off the plane and go to the Hotel Rose for the first night. Then walk around and check out the various dive ops. Talk to Tex at Ecomarine/Gunters. He'll point you in the right direction on some reasonable lodging if you intend to stay there for awhile. Steve at Deep Blue divers is another one to contact. If you play a pretty passable guitar, and it ain't too much hassle, take it. I do and I jam with a number of floks there on the island. Once a week they have a jam at the Barracuda above Bay Islands College of Diving.

Regards,

If you play a pretty passable guitar, and it ain't too much hassle, take it. I do and I jam with a number of floks there on the island. Once a week they have a jam at the Barracuda above Bay Islands College of Diving.

Hey, I am sorry I missed that one! Would have liked to come watch you. Which night do they jam? When we come in july, we will have to check it out. My son is "the hippest, thumb pluckin', string slappin' bass player" his teacher has ever known. This from the championship jazz band teacher (Jr High) in our state for the past 6 years and they just took Best Overall at the last "Music in the Parks." They beat High School bands that traveled from several different states to compete. (He also plays an awesome guitar.) :fro:

Sue-ba Lips:
If you play a pretty passable guitar, and it ain't too much hassle, take it. I do and I jam with a number of floks there on the island. Once a week they have a jam at the Barracuda above Bay Islands College of Diving.

Hey, I am sorry I missed that one! Would have liked to come watch you. Which night do they jam? When we come in july, we will have to check it out. My son is "the hippest, thumb pluckin', string slappin' bass player" his teacher has ever known. This from the championship jazz band teacher (Jr High) in our state for the past 6 years and they just took Best Overall at the last "Music in the Parks." They beat High School bands that traveled from several different states to compete. (He also plays an awesome guitar.) :fro:

Sue,

When I left they were doing the Jams on Thursday nights. Also Tex and Hans are friends with Rhinart, who has a neat little band there on the island. They are also fun to play with. Tex will know where they are playing. They play a lot of blues. No jazz that I know of.

Regards,

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your help! I appreciate any that I can get. The only thing I worry about is getting down there, from San Pedro Sula to LaCeiba. I think I have it worked out, though. Cross your fingers for me. :D

Don, thanks for your inquiry. If I enjoy it next week, I just might think about joining you later this summer. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom