London Broil for Breakfast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Yesterday being Mothers Day, all of my kids and grand kids came over to be with their Mom. So I organized the breakfast to give my wife a break.

Since I had a lot of people to feed I grilled 3 London Broil roast and sliced them very thin before hand. I just keep it warm in the oven with the home fries that I previously cooked. Set the meal up buffet style. I cooked the eggs to order and everone helped themselves. The beef was a nice change from the traditional pork based breakfast.

What is a London Broil? Is it a brand or a style of cooking? I only ask cos the word broil is not an English word (thinking London as in from England here), its purely American for something like grilling - did you make a fried/traditional English breakfast?

Well this is interesting. It must be a location thing. All my life I heard mother refer to a "London Broil for dinner". So when I posted my orginial post I just ASSUMED that everyone would know what I was talking about. :)

I looked up London Broil in my wifes cookbook and lo and behold there was no London Broil listed in the cuts of beef. So I called my son who is a chef and a graduate of New England Culinary Institude. He said that it is a flank steak cut in half. While that is what a london broil looks like-- a flank steak cut in half. I did marinate them and cooked them as discribed in the website posted above.

In conclusion; if you take a cut of beef that is approx. 2" thick and 10-12" long--marinate it-- BBQ it--and slice it at a 45° angle. Then you have what I call "London Broil".

I wasn't going for an English theme but we did have English muffins also.

Sounds yummy to me, heck I always was have more of a lunch/dinner style meal in the morning vs. bacon and eggs.
And I too have always thought of a London Broil as a cut of meat.

Back
Top Bottom