Freediving/Spearfishing the Drift Kelp - Orange County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pkrupela

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Catalina 30 that I sail out of Dana Point... Looking for people that may want to freedive and/or spearfish the drift kelp (kelp paddies) this summer. Anyone interested in photography (mola mola, sea lions, midwater jellies, bait balls, etc.) or spearfishing for yellowtail, dorado (if it's warm) etc., feel free to contact me. Just be willing to show up on time, be flexible as to where we go, and be easy-going (no gonzo divers here). If you sail, or have an interest in learning, even better... I also have an underwater scooter that I want to put to good use this summer.

For all you SCUBA divers, if you're an experienced diver and want to do some blue water diving - I'm up for that as well. I've done a lot of blue water diving in Hawaii and Mexico and we can put a rig together to make it safe and simple.

Although weekend trips to Catalina are a possibility, I'm not really looking for people that want to SCUBA dive on the coast or at the island... Call me a wimp, but I hung up my 7mm years ago, and prefer tropical conditions or blue water free/SCUBA nowadays.

I'm not really looking for people to share expenses, although if you want to chip in for diesel now and then, or bring some food/drink, that's cool. If you bail when we get back to the slip and leave me to put everything away and wash down the boat myself - don't expect an invite to come back though :)

Interested people can leave a message here or contact me at pkrupela@earthlink.net

Sounds like paradise to me. I grew up freediving the kelp off of Del Mar and other San Diego spots. I'm on the East Coast now, but if I ever come back (hopefully soon), I would love to join you.

I realize this post is extremely old but do you by any chance still want to free dive spearfish soon... Im in high school, an eagle scout (in 2 weeks) and a hard worker! me and my freind would love to come dive and help you out on your boat... asumng you are stll on this thing... and if not then do you know any cool places to spearfish in oarge county?

I'm looking for someone with a boat to go freediving & spearfishing with.

I'll pay expenses (and even chip in extra, or take you for a great lunch or whatever) and do the work after we get in.

I'm at 949-922-9786

Johnny Adams

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom