Saturday Dive at Cape Ann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelp68

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'd like to dive this weekend on Saturday at Cape Ann.

I'm open to the specific location, but wouldn't mind exploring Folly Cove.

Anybody interested? Anyone want to drive up with me from Connecticut or if you're local, meet me there?

Michael

Mike,

Just checked the tide chart for Glous. Harbor:

3:56 AM High 8.6
10:21 AM Low 1
4:42 PM High 7.6
10:31 PM Low 2

Looks like the tide is wrong for a morning dive. I dove Folly once at 1/2 tide and it will be the last. The rocks are a killer unless you like spending time on all fours. HAHAHA

Just my 2cents.......

Stephen

Turk6482:
Mike,

Just checked the tide chart for Glous. Harbor:

3:56 AM High 8.6
10:21 AM Low 1
4:42 PM High 7.6
10:31 PM Low 2

Looks like the tide is wrong for a morning dive. I dove Folly once at 1/2 tide and it will be the last. The rocks are a killer unless you like spending time on all fours. HAHAHA

Just my 2cents.......

Stephen

Yeah, it's super hard entering the water at Folly at low tide.

what are the temps up on Cape Ann now? Seems like the temps were a little higher last year this same time, no? You folks diving wet?

if you are dead-set on diving in the morning swing over to Pebble Beach (rather than Folly Boulder Cove) for easier entry and exit

I'm still diving wet but my CLx450 should be in today...........just have to take the class now and I will be tosty warm and dry all the time.

I have not gone in yet this year to date but am waiting for some decent weather on the weekends to get in there.

Scubastew, you dive wet or dry? If dry, how dif. is it compaired to the wetsuit??

Stephen

I dive wet but looking to make the jump to dry (maybe an xmas gift for myself this year). I think the water temps are still a smighe cold for "wet" diving. If you;d like to know about the wetsuit verses drysuit see about private messaging MSilvia he resently made the switch so he may have some good insite for you...cheers

(matt hope it's okay that I recommended you)

scubastew:
I dive wet but looking to make the jump to dry (maybe an xmas gift for myself this year). I think the water temps are still a smighe cold for "wet" diving. If you;d like to know about the wetsuit verses drysuit see about private messaging MSilvia he resently made the switch so he may have some good insite for you...cheers

(matt hope it's okay that I recommended you)

Stew!! Stick to wet feel the nature (like I do)... And before going dry - call me.... (With age I gotta consider it too... Lets get old together... :wink:

I dive wet. It turns out I couldn't make it up there this weekend to dive anyway. Bummer. I'm already making plans for next weekend, though. Whoever goes in this weekend, have fun. I look forward to reading any reports.

Michael

I always prefer wet. Becuase when I gotta go I can go at my leasure.

Back
Top Bottom