No fishing in Laguna?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LegoPacific

Reaction score
According to the new signs (like this one at Shaw's)
"This beach is part of the Laguna Beach Ecological Reserve. All forms of aquatic life are protected and cannot be taken. NO FISHING!!!"

IMG_1403.jpg

These signs have been up for a month now and are still haven't been corrected. According to Laguna's Marine Protection Officer, Matt Brown, fishing (of specific species) is allowed everywhere except Heisler Park (between Main Beach and Diver's Cove). New signs were approved toady and "will be up before summer."

I wonder who approved the old new signs. That is an expensive goof.

The current signs have not been up that long and included the new no smoking on the beach laws.

You will also note SCUBA diving has some new restrictions. "Be courteous to homeowners when scuba diving." :11:

pasley:
You will also note SCUBA diving has some new restrictions. "Be courteous to homeowners when scuba diving." :11:

But it doesn't say anything about snorkels.... :D

scubalaurel:
But it doesn't say anything about snorkels.... :D
Line three.
:dontgetit

Wouldn't want to see any severe accidents in Laguna due to a lack of plastic tube pulling at your mask.

MaxBottomtime:
Line three.
:dontgetit

Wouldn't want to see any severe accidents in Laguna due to a lack of plastic tube pulling at your mask.

You just made me cry... :bawling:

This can be explained simply by the liberals working for government agencies abusing there "power" by designing signs and spending out tax dollars on them despite the fact thats it's not the law. It happens all the time......I do agree with not bothering homeowners with all those noisy bubbles and such.....Can't begin to tell you how glad I am to be out of CA now that the east coasters have taken it over.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom