What to keep in your wetnotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vbcoachchris

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What are the contents that you keep in your wetnotes?

The dive plan with deco stops.
And some jokes
And some converstation with buddy (censored)
:D
Mania

rock bottom for different tanks. fill formulas.

a note from Brando that says "You should keep this in your pocket!" !!!!

vbcoachchris:
What are the contents that you keep in your wetnotes?

In case this was a question about the physical stuff in the wetnote "pockets":

Pencils
Compass
Laminated Deco Schedules for Dive
Tie Wraps

detroit diver:
rock bottom for different tanks. fill formulas.

FRONT FLAP

* Rock Bottom for different tanks

* DIN to Imperial calculations (for when I get buddied up with someone using that wack BAR system... so when I ask to see their remaing gas, I have a clue what 27 BAR is...)

* Basic 5

* A note that says: Body of Kenneth Kopp. Address: XXXXXXXX. DAN number XXXXXXX. Please call my wife (310) XXX-XXXX - tell her I love her.

BACK FLAP

* Exposure settings, strobe settings and my 8 custom pre-sets for my Oly 5050 (that I no longer own... I can probably remove that!)

FIRST 3 PAGES

I have a grid. 3 lines down the page (4 columns) going right to left: End of dive pressure, start of dive pressure, date, dive site/note

I use my wetnotes all the time. Always jotting down stuff, communicating with buddy, comedy, sillyness and general stuff. Wetnotes are near the top of my list of equipment that makes my dives more enjoyable and safer. (I always get them from COVCI...) They remain the best $13.00 investment I've ever made in my diving. I give away as many as I keep - I always have 2 or 3 extras in the dry box for divers that are inquiring, hot and good buddies (pick two... :11ztongue )

It amazes me every trip, the people that have never seen them before. Just this afternoon - eyepopping divers amazed that I'm writing underwater. I never get in the water without them.

I have probably 6 or 7 of them in my files at home - filled with commentary and other dive memories. I love them.
---
Ken

Is there a site that lists all the rock bottom pressures for every tank?

vbcoachchris:
Is there a site that lists all the rock bottom pressures for every tank?

You might want to review the rock-bottom concepts. Rock bottom is a function not only of
  • tank size
but also
  • depth
  • SAC assumption
  • target tank pressure
  • number of divers.

Try here, or here.

When I was flipping through the DIR-F workbook. I thought I saw standard rock bottom for Al 80. I think it was based on 2 divers at sac rate of 1 cft / min. I just wondered of there was site that list a table for different scenarios

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom