Where and how much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

island_diver

Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend that will be traveling to Manila (from the U.S.) and would like to get OW certified.

Can anyone recommend a dive shop in Manila or nearby area (Anilao?) to get the certification? Is it possible to get it done in one or 2 days (classroom, pool and OW)? And how much would this cost her? And is there a discount if she's really cute? I'm joking, of course.

Thanks.

If she has time, she should do her pool and classroom before hand, then do her checkout dives in Manila. The check out dives can be done in 2 days. A full cert, is another matter.

Good luck to your friend.

Julie

Juls64:
If she has time, she should do her pool and classroom before hand, then do her checkout dives in Manila. The check out dives can be done in 2 days. A full cert, is another matter.

Good luck to your friend.

Julie

Any idea how much it would cost for the full certification (pool, classroom, and checkout dives) in Manila?

island_diver:
Any idea how much it would cost for the full certification (pool, classroom, and checkout dives) in Manila?

try contacting this group, divenet philippines at divenetinfophil.com. They can get you squared away for your OW cert. for P12 thousand pesos. Check out dive would cost you an additional P3,500 pesos for the resort at anilao, Batangas.

caloy

island_diver:

sorry the correct website is divenetphil.com and email ad is info@divenetphil.com. If you convert the course cost into dollars that would amount to around $290 all inclusive course, checkout dives and resorts (meals included).

Contact them.

caloy

island_diver:
I have a friend that will be traveling to Manila (from the U.S.) and would like to get OW certified.

Can anyone recommend a dive shop in Manila or nearby area (Anilao?) to get the certification? Is it possible to get it done in one or 2 days (classroom, pool and OW)? And how much would this cost her? And is there a discount if she's really cute? I'm joking, of course.

Thanks.
Tell your friend, to take the OW class in the US, since its $100 cheaper and his/her time is better spent doing fun dives in the Philippines. My $0.02 worth.

island_diver:

Thanks.

2 days would be PADI SCUBA DIVER CERTIFICATION - dive with DM or AI or Instructor
3 days resort for PADI OPEN WATER

generally agree to the above...

i can refer you to my instructor group (lds independent)... it's 9K+ for the course, 3500 for the resort (balai) and $25 for the registration...

they're starting a class this weekend if that's along the timetable already... she can begin pool sessions then (at scubaworld makati)

nice guys they are... look for casty 0917-855-8279 or mel 0917-527-2822... tell them JAG sent you

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom