What type of GAS do you dive?

What type of GAS do you normally dive? (Choose 1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok the request has been made to add gas mix to the dive reports. So now we need to know what the "default" mix is? Please list your common diving gas?

32 is the default for most dives now... and will use air if there's no need for nitrox.

I didn't realize this was in the SoCal forum, sorry.

scottfiji:
Melvin, is this a southern california poll or nationwide? Maybe you should specify.

Dumb New Yorkers - :eyebrow: :D

scottfiji:
If its nitrox, please also list your favorite place to get Nitrox and why! (and is hollywood divers the only place to get membrane fills in LA county?)

My default gas is Air (EAN 21), only because that is all I need for most dives (I got nitrox certified recently).

I have 3 O2 clean tanks that I typically put 40% into unless I'm going to the Redondo canyon where I'll have a tank filled to 32. I tried to get membrane fills at a shop in Marina Del Rey, but for some reason their compressor wouldn't fill any of my tanks (tanks were not O2 clean and but were nitrox ready). Just make sure that they still do non PP fills and don't tell the owner where you bought your tanks. Scott, definently take that Sport Chalet sticker off the tank you bought from me if you want to get a nitrox fill at a certain store in MDR! Hmm, maybe I can unload my last AL80 (and O2 clean) tank to Scott???

Favorite shop for fills? - I go to American Diving (Lomita) and Pacific Wilderness (San Pedro) for PP fills.

We do blending stick fills here at Aloha Dive Simi Valley, (O2 Clean tank Not required!), up to 40%. (And I don't care where you bought your tank!)

At our Northridge location, we can do blending stick, or PP.

pasley:
Ok the request has been made to add gas mix to the dive reports. So now we need to know what the "default" mix is? Please list your common diving gas?

Been ANDI Safeair for about 3 or 4 years. I just got tired of the drive and expense to find a reliable, hyper-filtered Nitrox fill station. PLus, with all the boat diving I do, dedicating a tank to O2 clean and another one for boat dives / other suspect fills was just lame.

I get my fills at SC Marina. Fat fills, fast, close. I'll dive Nitrox on any multi day trips where I'm doing more than 4 dives in a day or doing consecutive multi-dive days, etc. But on a 2 or 3 dive day, Air is my gas of choice.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom