Ah... small detail that no one happened to mention...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok... so... i looked at the Coco View video... and it appears you have to ride
a boat to and from Coco View to Roatan itself?

:11:

so... is this the case? how hard is it to get a taxi to show up and meet up with it?

Andy,

I'm not sure how difficult it is but, we're staying at the Reef House next month and will face the same situation. All of the non-divers in the group are aware of this and seem to be acceptable to the terms. Hopefully, by the middle of next month, I will have a better report but, maybe WarmWaterDiver will chime in and relate his recent experience...since he stayed at the Reef House approximately 1 month ago.

We are looking forward to our trip and hopefully you are too...don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

Squashie

oh, i would gladly swim across a channel full of pirannahs to get to good diving...

'tis my wife i am concerned with.... i've already spent quite a lot of diplomatic
vim and vigour convincing her Coco View is the place to be in Roatan

this would have been a good detail to know in advance and pre-empt :wink:

When we were there we really didn't care, we stayed in a bungalow and stayed within a 50 yard radius until the very last day (except for the shark dive - which was totally awesome - taxi was waiting for us when the CCV shuttle boat dropped us off.. CCV will take good care of you), when we ventured over to the other side of the resort to walk on the beach and look at the beach houses. EVERYTHING we needed was right there, food - dive boats - shore diving - hot tub - hammocks - and our room.. after 23 dives in our short week there we were not too interested in going to town.

Have you been to the CCV Chat site? It is awesome and you will get all kinds of informative info... I have some pic's posted on this site and also did a small trip report in April.
I am soo jealous... I wanna go back to CCV....

nope, sure haven't... that's a great suggestion

i am looking forward to it

H2Andy:
oh, i would gladly swim across a channel full of pirannahs to get to good diving...

'tis my wife i am concerned with.... i've already spent quite a lot of diplomatic
vim and vigour convincing her Coco View is the place to be in Roatan

this would have been a good detail to know in advance and pre-empt :wink:

I've got the perfect solution: You can send your spouse here to watch our kids (who are, of course, adorable), and I'll go dive with you :eyebrow:

Squashie:
Andy,

I'm not sure how difficult it is but, we're staying at the Reef House next month and will face the same situation. All of the non-divers in the group are aware of this and seem to be acceptable to the terms. Hopefully, by the middle of next month, I will have a better report but, maybe WarmWaterDiver will chime in and relate his recent experience...since he stayed at the Reef House approximately 1 month ago.

We are looking forward to our trip and hopefully you are too...don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

Squashie

Squashie,

We had such a great time while at Reef House Resort, the only times we left the resort's cay for land transportation once we got there were for the shark dive trip (my details on that are in a thread started by Bombero Diver) and when we had to depart for the airport to come back to the USA. But, 'off the beaten track' and 'peace & quiet' are big parts of what we look for in a vacation location for our tastes, and we were both fairly overworked and stressed before our April vacation, so this was magnified for our recent trip.

The impression I got was we could pretty much get across from Reef House Resort to the Oak Ridge harbor any time we might want to, as there are lots of boats for ferrying goods as well as people for hire, but we just didn't do this. If folks want to take an island excursion, my impression is you can just set it up with Larry / Carol / Barry and they'll take care of you. No idea on the overall costs, but I'm sure if you e-mail Larry / Carol / Barry / Neil they can give you all the details you might need to share with the others in your group.

I have no idea on CCV - never stayed there. Roatanman can probably expound at length on CCV though.

Back
Top Bottom