FLA Diver in SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flipperz

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone care to take an experienced FL/Carribean diver out to share the underwater sites of LA/Orange County? I'd like to try Redondo or Laguna. I'm toting my gear so will need only tanks, weights and maybe a recommendation for L/XL 7mm wetsuit rental.

I'm in town from 5/23 to 6/10, weekends are best, but late afternoon is good as well.

I am a AI/DM (NAUI,YMCA,SSI, and PADI) been diving for 20+ years and make 150 dives a year here in FL. I'm in good condition and have done shore dives at LaJolla, so I know a little about the conditions.

Let me know if you can help me out and obviously I'm willing to return the favor when in FL.

Thanks,

Jeff

562-421-3094 Laguna to Malibu, what's you pleasue. Only restricition is the wife of 30 years and the occasional Army duty.

I may also have a boat seat on Saturday June 4th and maybe June 11 that I will need to sell. 2 tanks (bring your own) small 1/2 day boat. I am not certain yet, but I may find myself on Army duty that would not allow me to use those seats.

If you show up at Redondo Veterans Park on any Wednesday night about 7:00 pm. you should find a several divers going out.

www.sandeaters.org has a schedule for every Sunday morning and an e-mail list you can ping for divers too.

Hi Jeff,

You can probably find what you need for gear at SportChalet. It's a chain of stores primarily located in SoCal (I think). You don't pay for the day you pick up, or the day you drop off. There are quite a few of them around SoCal also. Try their website to find their locations.

(not an employee, just a satisfied customer)

flipperz:
Anyone care to take an experienced FL/Carribean diver out to share the underwater sites of LA/Orange County? I'd like to try Redondo or Laguna. I'm toting my gear so will need only tanks, weights and maybe a recommendation for L/XL 7mm wetsuit rental.

I'm in town from 5/23 to 6/10, weekends are best, but late afternoon is good as well.

I am a AI/DM (NAUI,YMCA,SSI, and PADI) been diving for 20+ years and make 150 dives a year here in FL. I'm in good condition and have done shore dives at LaJolla, so I know a little about the conditions.

Let me know if you can help me out and obviously I'm willing to return the favor when in FL.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,
Checkout http://southcoastdivers.com/ they always go diving on Fri/Sat/Sun in Laguna and does night diving on week nights. Hope this helps.

Hi Jeff,

I just put up our new Wrinkles June '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread and just noticed that unfortunately, it's for the day after you leave. The SoCal ScubaBoard members get together on the 2nd Saturday of every month and it's a lot of fun. Click on the link above and you can read all about it.

If you extend your stay through the weekend, you'll get to meet many of the SoCal members all in one place.

By no means am I saying that you should wait for this to do some diving, but it might be fun to extend your stay to do some more diving surrounded by a big social event.

I hope to be able to meet you for some diving either way.

Christian

I can probably take you out to some Laguna sites on the 1st or 2nd if you'd like. Let me know if you have not made plans already. I have an extra Nitrox tank and weights. If you the right size I may have a wetsuit for you too.

Flipperz - I will be at Staircase in Malibu (http://www.sandeaters.org/sites/orange/staircase) on Saturday 28 May at 08:00 a.m. to dive the kelp and eel grass if you want to join me. It looks like there will be a group in Orange County Saturday, Sunday and Monday too.

(562) 421-3094

Hey flippers, I will be diving crystal cove on sunday with a buddy at 8:30 am. I posted a thread about it if you want more info, but youre welcome to join. Just north of laguna.

John

Jeff,

There are a whole bunch of us figuring out where we will be diving Saturday, Sunday and Monday. You are, of course, welcome to join us. We'd love to meet you!

You can see all the discussion about where we are going to be in this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=98500

Hope you can join in the fun!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom