Diving in Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amyc2503

New
Reaction score
Hi Board

I'm off to Malta at the end of June05 for a week, and I'm keen to do a few dives. I am a resuce diver with days of bottom time, and i'm looking for a GOOD dive shop in the North of the Island.

Can anyone recommmend a dive shop, or share some experiences/knowledge with me??

All info will be greatly received! Thanks!

Amy

The only experience I have is with a divecenter in Sliema, close to Valetta, I was there in April of this year. Their name is Oxygéne (http://www.oxygene.se/) and I´d definitely recommend them... If you have a rental car, the distance shouldn´t be a problem otherwise I´m afraid I can´t help you.

Regardless of which center you end up choosing I´d recommend diving a wreck called "umm el faroud", the caverns at ghar lapsi and of course blue hole/inland sea (gozo), all of which are truly memorable dives.

If there´s anything else you want to know just ask...I´m sure someone else will chime in as well...

Gozo has excellent diving.
I was there on a privately organized trip so I can't recommend a specific dive shop.

I dove the HMS Moulrie (sp) in the Valleta harbour and the small island between Malta and Gozo. The whole area is work going under for. All three sites I dove were good sites.

Hi,

Just curious, but for those who have gone diving in Malta, did you book directly with a dive shop, or did you go through a travel agent?

Thanks

I´ve done both...I´d recommend booking directly with a diveshop. First of because the diveshop will get whatever "commision" there is (let´s face it they´ll be doing all the work). And second because if something goes wrong or isn´t as you´d expect, you´ll be able to talk directly to the shop rather than having to phone your travelagent...Of course talking to the people who´re there you´re also more likely to get correct information to base your decisions on in the first place...

Just my 2 ML

Am also looking into going diving in Malta ... What are the costs like? I can only go in August, which I know is the high season. But vacation is vacation, and you have to go when you can.

Curious about everything from accommodation to dives to dives with mixed gas ...

-Hapadiver

Back
Top Bottom