Wrinkles June '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll update this first post as a running synopsis of this thread.

When: Saturday, June 11th
Where: Orange County, Heisler Park in Laguna Beach

What is the Wrinkles Dive?

This is a monthly gathering of all divers and non-divers in SoCal who can make it. It's a lot of fun involving diving, eating, socializing and sometimes even camping!

It all started when our SoCal member, Wrinkles, mentioned to a group that she dove with that it would be really fun to be able to get together at least once a month. Pasley, took off with the idea and announced the first "Wrinkles Dive". The rest is history!

It's open to everyone of all skill levels from "I'm not certified yet" to "Do we really have to dive the Andrea Doria again?"

We've found this to be a great way to meet our fellow divers locally and many new dive buddies have been found though these "dive soirees".

Info on Dive Locations from North to South:

Map of area

Dive Sites

Laguna Beach Cam

RSVP:

RSVP on the ScubaBoard Calendar:

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=384&day=2005-6-10
(you can now rsvp and include your guest count!)

Please sign up on the Calendar, so that we can get a headcount for food.

Please update your party size on the calendar with changes.

Attendance:
Let me know if I've misrepresented anyone's attendance here.

Saturday, June 11th: (30)
headhunter (1)
CaptainMarvel (1)
ShakaZulu (1)
sapphire (2)
TeqP (1)
subzero (1) visiting from Austin, TX!
divinman (1)
abrown203 (1)
mccabejc (2)
scubainspired (1)
Stryker (1)
shark.byte.usa (1) visiting from Phoenix, AZ!
Wrinkles (1)
shaggie (1) also visiting from Austin, TX!
Lexy (1)
Tech Admin (1)
flipperz (1)
Rouky (2)
Mr Clean (1)
Otter (3)
krowsea (1)
mansfield (1)
divebrasil (2)
Maxbottomtime (1)

Loose Schedule of events:

6:00AM - Early Birds arrive and lay claim to a spot (put out tarps and shade thingies)
8:00AM - First Dive
11:00AM - Second Dive
12:00AM - Lunch
2:00PM - Third Dive
5:00PM - Fourth Dive
7:30PM - Night Dive (Sunset, bring your lights, extra batteries and warm clothes)
9:00PM - Dinner and more socializing at:

Gina's Pizza
610 N. Coast Highway
(949) 497.4421
www.ginaspizza.com

"This is clearly the best pizza at the beach" - Orange County Register

"Gina's is a family-run pizza business and the product is excellent" - L.A. Magazine

Items needed:

• EZup
  • BBQ grill accessories (charcoal - Match Light, tongs, etc..)
    • Charcoal - shark.byte.usa
    • Tongs and Spatula - shark.byte.usa
  • Utensils
    • plates - headhunter
    • napkins - headhunter
    • forks - headhunter
    • knives - headhunter
    • trash bags - headhunter
  • Condiments:
    • ketchup - ShakaZulu
    • mayo - ShakaZulu
    • mustard - ShakaZulu
    • pickles - ShakaZulu
    • lettuce - CaptainMarvel
    • tomatoes - CaptainMarvel
    • onions - CaptainMarvel
  • Side Dishes
    1. a "picnic friendly" side dish - Lexy
    2. a "mysterious" side dish - Rouky
    3. ???
  • Fruit - abrown203
  • Bananas - TeqP
  • Oranges - Mr Clean
  • Veggie tray - sapphire
  • Chips - TeqP
  • Dessert
    1. Something yummy - sapphire
    2. chocolate chip cookies - Wrinkles
    3. something scrumpious - Lexy
  • Hamburgers - subzero (1 bag from Costco)
  • Hamburger Buns - subzero (1 bag from Costco)
  • Hot dogs - scubainspired
  • Hot dog Buns - scubainspired
  • Hot Chocolate and Instant Coffee
  • Water - abrown203, Mr Clean

Air/Nitrox/Trimix Fills:

Laguna Sea Sports
925 N Coast Highway
Laguna Beach CA 92651
(949) 494-6965

Tide Predictions:

Newport Bay Entrance, Corona del Mar, California (2)
33.6000° N, 117.9000° W
11 June 2005 - 12 June 2005

Saturday 2005-06-11
05:40 AM PDT Sunrise
07:28 AM PDT -0.04 feet Low Tide
02:54 PM PDT 3.32 feet High Tide
06:16 PM PDT 3.00 feet Low Tide
08:01 PM PDT Sunset

Sunday 2005-06-12
12:18 AM PDT 4.60 feet High Tide
05:40 AM PDT Sunrise
08:12 AM PDT 0.23 feet Low Tide
03:45 PM PDT 3.49 feet High Tide
07:41 PM PDT 3.05 feet Low Tide
08:02 PM PDT Sunset

2005 Wrinkles Schedule:

June 11th, Saturday - Orange County - Heisler Park
July 9th, Saturday - Catalina Island - Avalon Dive Park
August 13th, Saturday and Sunday - Los Angeles/Ventura County
- Leo Carrillo State Park or Palos Verdes area (To Be Determined)
September 10th, Saturday - San Diego County - La Jolla Shores

Christian

Sign me up! I'll bring the ketchup, mayo, and mustard. If no one claims the other condiments, I'll bring those too.

-Scott

CaptainMarvel:
Sign me up! I'll bring the ketchup, mayo, and mustard. If no one claims the other condiments, I'll bring those too.

-Scott

You suck, that is normally on my list.............but it's ok. I see how you are, don't be surprized when you run out of air on the next dive.

I'll do the Bananas for now, lets see how the others contribute this time.

divebuddysean:
Didn't we donate Roy's condiments to the next dive? Shouldn't he get credit for those? BTW, who has the mustard, ketchup, and rellish? I think Roy should get a pass at least for the next one...

Sean
Yes Sean, you are right. Roy's condiments were supposed to go to the next Wrinkles Event, since they were new and he sort of dedicated them for that purpose.

By the way, I forgot to tell Roy that you have his light, tongs and spatula. Roy and I got distracted with way to much fun in downtown that night. :D

Roy: Sean has your light, tongs and spatula. (Better late than never!)

So, someone tell me who has the condiments from the last dive and exactly what those consist of and I'll, put Roy's name down in those spots. That will be Roy's contribution to the next Wrinkles dive and then we'll go from there.

Scott, once we get to the bottom of that one, I'll put you down for the rest of the condiments. I know that Roy is philosophically opposed to getting involved with certain condiments. :wink:

In fact, for now, I'm putting Roy and Scott (ShakaZulu and CaptainMarvel for you new folks) down jointly for the condiments.

Sean, does that mean you want banana duty again?

Christian

I guess, I will give the bananas back to Sean.........I took the condiments (ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickels, tomatoes and lettuce) home.

Hey everyone, don't forget to use the link to the Calendar in the original post to RSVP for the Wrinkles event.

It can now allow you to include the number of guests that will be with you and also lets you change the number of guests later as well as delete yourself from the list at any point in the future.

This helps in planning the event.

Also, if you know you are going to be there, it is helpful to know which of the items on our Items needed list you are able to bring. If everyone brings just a little bit, it doesn't wind up being a burden on any one person. While it is nice that people have volunteered to bring all of the burgers and hot dogs in the past, it's not necessary... appreciated... but not necessary. This is all about sharing and chipping in. That's one of the things that makes this group so great is that it's a group of very giving people.

I'm trying to include all of the info that anyone might need for that day on the first post and keep it updated as time goes by. This way, if you have not been able to check this thread frequently, you can find a synopsis of all of the info in that first post without having to read 6 pages worth of posts. The idea is also to have enough info in the first post so that you can simply print that one post out and take it with you as a reference when coming to the dive and BBQ.

I look forward to seeing those of you whom I already know and meeting those of you who are new to the board as well. As we saw again in La Jolla, we always have a great time!

Christian

ShakaZulu:
I guess, I will give the bananas back to Sean.........I took the condiments (ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickels, tomatoes and lettuce) home.
OK Roy, I put you down for the ketchup, mayo, mustard and pickels and put Scott down for the lettuce, tomato and onions.

I'll wait to hear back from Sean before putting him down for the bananas, since he didn't really say that he wanted them this time. Anyway, it's not like condiments and I'd hope that they wouldn't be the same ones. :11:

Thanks guys.

Christian

Christian,

Put me down for veggie tray and a dessert...

Looking forward to this one :crafty: !!

jennifer

Christian,

Put me down for Chips and Bananas.

Looking forward to another great day of diving.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom