Spearing at Grays Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wdtripleddd

Reaction score
Went out south of Savanna to Grays Reef this past sunday. On the SEA Spray II captianed by Captian Terry Crowell and first mate Mike. A real sweet deal, no cattle boat here, the crew cater to you and make you feel welcome on their boat. It's about a 3 hour boat ride but an enjoyable one, lots of room. On the first dive i speared a nice gag and a good sheephead. I shot just twice and had two kills. Thought i was doing good. The second dive i was not so fortunate. I speared the first sheephead that came my way. 1 for 1 i am on my way to a perfect score. The next 7 shots revealed zilt, notta, nothing. Two shots went thru and thru, i hit a little far back and they got away. Five , i dont have an excuse i just clean missed, i was shooting over them. Finally at the end of the dive i snagged a couple of triggers. All and all it wasnt a bad day but it could of been a great one if i would of hit something.
The vis was about 20 feet at the best. The water tempature was 68 deg. F.. Seas were 2 to 3 and a nic sunny day.

total fish taken: 1 Gag
2 Scamps
6 Sheephead
4 Trigger

I would recomend Captian Terry to ant one , nice operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom