Uh-Ohooo! Knee Replacement Surgery!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hop Devil

Reaction score
My friendly orthopedic doc who I've been seeing for about 15 years said its time to do
the knee. I was just wondering if any of my fellow divers have had knee rplacement surgery, how they're doing and how it affected their diving. If I dive two or three days in a row my knee swells like a balloon. Can't even walk nine holes of golf anymore.
So I would appreciate any feedback from my board mates. I'm 52 and I've been doing all of the non-surgical alternatives for a long time. I am in good shape otherwise and work out 4-5 times per weeks, rowing and weight training.
Regards!

your saying u cant walk 9 holes of golf, ,,,is that before you dive or after you dive for 3 days,,,,????

what do your xrays show up,,bone on bone instead of cartilage for a knee..????

Hop Devil:
My friendly orthopedic doc who I've been seeing for about 15 years said its time to do
the knee. I was just wondering if any of my fellow divers have had knee rplacement surgery, how they're doing and how it affected their diving. If I dive two or three days in a row my knee swells like a balloon. Can't even walk nine holes of golf anymore.
So I would appreciate any feedback from my board mates. I'm 52 and I've been doing all of the non-surgical alternatives for a long time. I am in good shape otherwise and work out 4-5 times per weeks, rowing and weight training.
Regards!

Had a friend who had both knees replaced at the same time. He was feeling better immediatly following the surgery. He also grew 1/2". It takes some physical therapy to get back to normal, but I imagine you'll love the results.

I had ACL surgery on both knees and am happy with the results.

Back
Top Bottom