post dive ogb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STOGEY

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did two dives at ogb today from about 11 am to about 1330 with mello
-yellow. Dhgpj was going to join us and he was actually in the water, but he had a small problem with his hood, so he had to call the dive.

Went to both walls,its amazing how much you can see at 25 feet or less. The water temp was about 48. The visibility was pretty good about 20-30 feet, the water was smooth as glass as far as I'm concerned. The swim wasn't too bad at all, specially if you learn to take your time like you should anyways.

Had a small problem with Dhgpj' s wet suit, which is why I bought a two peeice with a front zipper. While zipping up Dhgpj it got kind of tight. I ended up pulling the zipper part that you pull on right off the wet suit. Dhgpj had to go to a near by dive shop to have it fixed. While he was doing this, mello-yellow and I attempted the first dive without him.

One of the many reasons why I went from a one peice with a zipper in the back, to a two peice with a zipper in the front. Is because having disproportinate sized shoulders and arms, it was difficult for people to zip me up. I didn't want to have someone break the zipper while they were just trying to help me out.

I got the two peice with a front zipper, so that I can zip it up myself. Its the one made by Hyperstretch. I could have got one with an implant to make the wet suit stick closer to your skin, but I prefer the extra movement in my arms and so forth.

The wet suit worked very good, and is quite comfortable.

I hate to disagree with someone, but actually I don't. There is a wall if you go to the right and go to I'd guess the 2 oclock from the boat ramp. It drops off to at least 50-65 feet.

We didn't go that far out or to the right that far. What we did is the first dive we basically went straight out. The 2nd dive we went a little to the right but not as far as where the real wall or drop off is.

Strange, I've done probably 40 dives at OGB and I've never seen it. I'll have to try to go out that way next time.

My preferred heading is about 30 degrees, which is close to straight out...maybe 11 o-clockish...you can get out to around 50 ft fairly quickly plus a lot of people don't get over there much.

You know if you look to your right and there's that house on your right. If you just go around the bend and head out maybe about 200 yards, its suppose to just drop right off.
Last summer I did a dive with a professional diver who uses mmixed gases alot. Anyways that is where he ended up at.

I guess there's a ledge right around that area. After all this entire area is a reef and some places it can go out there pretty far.

Soggy:
Strange, I've done probably 40 dives at OGB and I've never seen it. I'll have to try to go out that way next time.

My preferred heading is about 30 degrees, which is close to straight out...maybe 11 o-clockish...you can get out to around 50 ft fairly quickly plus a lot of people don't get over there much.
I went out to OGB about two weeks ago and indeed there is a "wall" of sorts. Actually its more of a mini-wall...but its there. If my memory serves correct we were ona heading of about 60 degrees, and it is waaaaaaay out there. Since it was dead low tide when we arrived we probably did a hundred yard surface swim, then dropped down and the wall was myabe another 100 yards or so beyound. So yes, its there.

To me that's what diving is all about, exploring new worlds; evenif others have been to them before.

Are our friends the lobsters showing up yet?

Mello-yellow caught a couple, but most are still in hiding. I liked the scenery anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom