does anyone here use a monofin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hardhat

Reaction score
Does anyone here use a monofin to freedive with? What can you tell me about them, comfortable to use, powerful, manufacturers, costs, ect.

I just bought one recently. Used it for snorkeling and scuba...I really like ....for scuba you have to be perfectly neutral and works fine...great exercise

hey - notice you're from BC. Check out the link in my sig line - we have tons of mono users and quite a few divers from BC.

are you a member of CAFA yet? www.freedivecanada.com

for some, not all users they are more efficient then long bi-fins. I've used mine more in the pool then fdiving and my verdict is still out on whether it is better for me while doing deeper dives or not. It gets me to the bottom very quickly, is a little awkward to turn around with at the bottom Like I mentioned, feels like your shoe laces are tied together. Finswimmers use a different technique with the mono than freedivers because they are going for speed and freedivers are going for efficiency while holding their breath. Here's a pic of mine..

monofin.jpg

hardhat:
Does anyone here use a monofin...

Not on purpose.

---
Kenny the fin loser

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom