Nikonis 4a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My son just pick me up a mint condition 4A at garage sale for $40 except no manual...Are the lenses and strobes completely interchangable...can't get my strobe to fire...can't find how to set the shutter speed.

Help!!!!
:11:

That's a good deal. The Nikonos 4 only has "A" which is aperture priority and M90. The only way to manually set the shutter speed is to shoot in A and play with the ISO setting.

Don't even dream of taking the camera in the water until it's serviced. Expect to pay about $100. Locally you can probably send it to Stephen Frink in Key Largo. Another place called Southern Nikonos also did a lot of service. They're probably still around. I use Underwater PhotoTech in New Hampshire. You can easily UPS the camera to them.

As for the strobe, it should fire on M90. If it doesn't, whoever services it will get it to function.

Thanks Desert Eagle!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom