Hathaway 4/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I headed down to Hathaway Pond (on the Cape) today for a training dive in the rain. Despite a ton of OW cets doing the PADI thing (kneeling on the bottom, etc) outside of their area, the vis was great - 15-20' and very sharp. We logged an hour of BT, with most of it in about 35' of water (where the temp was around 44degs.). The pond is very high and the wreck marker is about 1" under water.

After missing months and months of diving due to an injury, it's nice to be diving again (even in a pond).

I guess it's safe to assume you didn't catch any lobsters? :D

Have a hurt ankle as well, but today I was pleasantly surprised because it didn't bother me that much while diving. Went to Mognolia rocks for a single dive and even got a few keepers. Started raining a lot around 2:00.

Chebby:
I guess it's safe to assume you didn't catch any lobsters? :D

Have a hurt ankle as well, but today I was pleasantly surprised because it didn't bother me that much while diving. Went to Mognolia rocks for a single dive and even got a few keepers. Started raining a lot around 2:00.

It was raining by about 10am on the cape. I was tempted to dive in the ocean, but it was predicted to blow heard NE.

That's good to hear that people are taking keeper bugs.

Unfortunately heavy rains and 10-17 foot waves are pretty much guaranteed throughout the next week. Could I have possibly picked a crappier time for my vocation? :banghead:

We had customers that went to Magnolia and got 12 keepers over 2 dives. I was surprised I thought it was still pretty early.

Paul

pgdive:
We had customers that went to Magnolia and got 12 keepers over 2 dives. I was surprised I thought it was still pretty early.

Lol. I know, I was diving with them on their second dive! They told me they filled at pgdive, I guess they went back for a refill, eh? Yeah, those guys did well.

They have been going out every weekend rain or shine for the last month. In wetsuits !!

Paul

pgdive:
They have been going out every weekend rain or shine for the last month. In wetsuits !!

Hehe. I guess you only dive in a cozy dry suit?

They got 2 piece suits and so do I. One other person there had a one piece on. He was shivering like crazy by the end of the second dive.

Just checked the temperature of the computer, it was 47 degrees. No wonder I wasn't cold. This is about the same it was late november of last year, so if anybody was diving back then, it is safe to dive now. No need to wait till mid June.

Back
Top Bottom