Twin Jet vs Jet Fin Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was sold a pair of Twin Jets when I signed up for OW, after completing the course/dives. These don't work so well for me, because I am more comfortable with the Frog Kick, and the split design, kinda hinders that.

I'd like to get some Jet fins, off of ebay (they have lots). My Twin Jets are size M. My shoe size is 8-8 1/2 Men's US, not wide or anything.

Should I be looking at Mediums? that would be my guess, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

shark.byte.usa:
I was sold a pair of Twin Jets when I signed up for OW, after completing the course/dives. These don't work so well for me, because I am more comfortable with the Frog Kick, and the split design, kinda hinders that.

I'd like to get some Jet fins, off of ebay (they have lots). My Twin Jets are size M. My shoe size is 8-8 1/2 Men's US, not wide or anything.

Thanks

Not an exact match to your situation but...

ScubaPro Twin Jet Size Large
ScubaPro Jetfin Size X-Large

Both fins fit me, a size 10 or 10 1/2 shoe size when I wear the same wetsuit booties. They do not have the same shape foot pocket so you are really comparing apples to oranges. Personally I like the foot pocket on the Twin Jet fins a lot more than the foot pocket on the Jetfins. The blade on the Jetfins is superior to the Twin Jet, especially if you frog kick (as I do now).

With the Jetfins I like the spring straps as the original straps are a little less than ideal for my tastes.

Good luck,

Mark Vlahos

shark.byte.usa:

Thanks
It depends on what kind of booties you're using but it sounds like you're right on the edge between large and XL. Definately not mediums...those are tiny.

My guess would be XL's with an 8" spring strap or the stock straps pulled pretty close.

shark.byte.usa:
Booties are Scubapro Deck Sole 5mm. (Size S)

You might get away with large. Keep in mind the Lagre Jets are quite a bit smaller (overall) than the XL's

BUT the XL Jets sport the biggest misnomer in the business, when I wear size 8 Henderson Gold Core booties with my warm water rig and I find that the XL's are a dead on perfect fit. I use a 8" sping straps and the fit is perfect.

Kidspot has a great Jet Fin sizing chart. I'll try to find it for you.

What thickness Gold Core shose are you wearing?
Mine is 5mm, size 9. Do you think it will be fit to XL or need a bigger one?

Thanks,

CALI68:
when I wear size 8 Henderson Gold Core booties with my warm water rig and I find that the XL's are a dead on perfect fit. I use a 8" sping straps and the fit is perfect.

hoosier:
What thickness Gold Core shose are you wearing?
Mine is 5mm, size 9. Do you think it will be fit to XL or need a bigger one?

Thanks,

CALI68:
when I wear size 8 Henderson Gold Core booties with my warm water rig and I find that the XL's are a dead on perfect fit. I use a 8" sping straps and the fit is perfect.
Mine are the 7mm but there's not that much of a difference between the 5 and 7 really. I think the XL's will work fine. The XXL will be waaaay too big.

-Chris

Hey Shark.byte.usa - For what it's worth - the ScubaPro Deck Soles Size S are equal to a size 7 shoe (mens) - I have a friend that wears a size 6 thin sole boots and she can wear either Medium or Large Jetfins - the Medium will probably be a bit tight for you, the Large is probably you're best bet - though if they are very thick boots, consider an XL (XL Jets are usually a size 9-12 thin sole boot). Still it's hard to say until you try them on first...

I see you're coming to Maui - if you wait I'll let you test both out while you're here and you can see which size you need... it's just 157 days away :wink: j/k

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom