Fitchburg, ma dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtrain01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone from the central route 2 area looking for a dive buddy? I live in the fitchburg area and do a couple weekend shore dives a month.

jtrain01:
Anyone from the central route 2 area looking for a dive buddy? I live in the fitchburg area and do a couple weekend shore dives a month.

jtrain01,
live in the pepperell, ma area. i mostly work on sat.'s with every fifth week end off, but go out with a great bunch of people during the week. we do nubble light in maine, rye beach in n.h., and all the dive places in cape ann. just to break it up we also go out and do boat dives with a few different charters. right now with all the ****** weather its been hard to go out for a decent dive.
so when the weather breaks and you want to meet a great bunch of people, give me a holler and we will meet up.

nite_diver

Maybe we could meet there and continue diving sometime. Might save you some gas.

Is this route any easier or quicker than the pike to 128 from Worcester?

aquageek:
Is this route any easier or quicker than the pike to 128 from Worcester?

Well, I live right next to 290 so for me it's easier, faster in time and about 12 miles shorter in distance (don't quite remember the exact # but I did compare it about 5 years ago). Doing 290 to 495 to 2 to 128 at 5 A.M. when I usually drive up is no problem. I can get to Gloucester in under 90 minutes towing my boat.

thanks for the replies. Yeah, it takes me about an hour to get there. I usually go with the mwdc on saturdays. They go to cathedral about 80% of the time so I am looking for someone that likes other sites. Cathedral is nice and all but i like a change here and there. I am also driving a silverado getting about 15-16 m/gal. A diving/carpool buddy wouldnt hurt. I have no problems with gas money either. I'm looking for a small junker to get good miles/gal and to load up on the miles too. Thanks again and hopefully I can meet up with some of you.

Hello Neighbor,
I live in Ashburnham, not much I'd rather do than dive. Cape Ann, Nubble, Newport and Jamestown are the usual targets. I do try to go whenever I can and reality allows, reality and responsibilities, the divers dilemas. Anyways, I can introduce myself, as well as other divers in the area, at your liking or the 3rd Thursday of each month at Donnellys Tavern in Fitchburg @6:30-7:00. This is the standard meeting time and place of United Divers Of Central Ma., of which I'm a member. This is a very diverse group of people and dive skills, all dedicated to enjoying and promoting the sport, as well as helping and supporting each other. A good group. If this peaks your interest, give me a call @8275043-Rick or rickboucher@msn.com.
Safe Diving

rick, I thought about joining the club. I get my fills at andy's and asked about the club but they said that there wasnt a weekly dive program. Metrowest goes every sat so if I wake up, i can just go and meet someone there. I never really got out of work in time to make the meetings. I started a new job and may be able to get out in time now. I might be interested in the club. I really do like having a steady dive program though.

jtrain01:
rick, I thought about joining the club. I get my fills at andy's and asked about the club but they said that there wasnt a weekly dive program. Metrowest goes every sat so if I wake up, i can just go and meet someone there. I never really got out of work in time to make the meetings. I started a new job and may be able to get out in time now. I might be interested in the club. I really do like having a steady dive program though.

A steady dive option would be very convienant. One of the Metrowest members is also a member of our club. We should try and meet for coffee and exchange of ideas and available dive time. I am self employed and somewhat flexible. If you get this in time and are interested in a spur of the moment trip to Cape Ann, give me a holler! Our club does schedule 3-4 dives a month and some trips as well; St. Lawrence Seaway, N.C., Newport, Bonaire, etc. You can check out the club without any commitment or cost and see if it would be anything that interests you.
Look forward to meeting you. Safe Diving--Rick

Rick,
I would be happy to meet with some people to discuss a steady dive option. It is a very nice perk to the metrowest club. I dont have a steady time that work ends so maybe weekends or later in the evening would be best. I am usually out by 6 everyday but no guarantee. we can figure something out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom